Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Order, TWE parts. *see 1st and LAST post*

Im in for a Downpipe and header for the EA82T, for the stock turbo.

There was others interested....lets get it going.

***Everyone who is 100% serious about a header, say "I", and if you want a Donwpipe, say so as well***

I need a real figure on who is going to get one for sure, and who is not going to get one.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmmmm.......thats what these parts are for. The EA82T. If we have a big enough order, they will have a limited production run for these items. Remember the high performance crossover pipe thread I had a while back? Thats what got this all started.

Skip actually pointed me in thier direction, after talking to him about headers and DPs...

EDIT: For more clarity, ALL EA82T's (stock as from the factory) are the same in regards to the exhaust department.

I might be in for the dp and maybe the header. When do you need to know by? I just bought my car and Im picking it up in 2 weeks. After I fix her up/check her out Ill know how much cash i got left. But Im really interested. Any pics or more info on them? Im kinda new to the older gen subies and turbos.

sorry for the hijacking.. Scrapdaddy and I are working on our own custom crossover pipes.. already had the jig made, flanges are turned 180 degrees to use the 2 bolt holes in the head that aren't currently used, this solves the stripped out stud hole issue, its going to be 2" mandrel bent.. not going to say what our cost is, but board members cost will prolly be around the $250 range..

just my hijacking for the day..

since his car is not running (used his engine as the fitment guinea pig) the first one off the press is going on my RX for testing :D

Well, evidently i am registered there, and cannot log in. AND i cant seem to create another username with my hotmail. Hm.

Which board? XT6.net or NASIOC? (I'm a member of both boards and could post for you on one or both if necessary.)

Warp3: Yeah, post on the XT6 board please. I'll post on NASIOC sometime soon. Lots going on here...

Stupidru: The stock header/crossover pipe is incredibly restrictive. On the WRX's, a high flow or racing style header and up pipe, along with a proper turbo back exhaust, has seen 20-40 hp increases, and even more so if tuned in.....if i have read all the info I have seen correctly.

I do know for sure that opening up the TBE on these cars do yeild quite a bit of power...and the header is the last part to get....then it turbo time. The intake is not as hard to find high flow peices for. AKA SPyder intake, WRX Intercooler, MAF adapter and a $25 3inch ID cone filter to stick on the MAF. And use the 1985/1986 turbo inlet hose....makes for a perfect fit on the 87+ MAF equipped cars....the Flapper AFM on the 85-86 are the restrictor on these subes. I also think the 85/86 tube flows better...its shorter as well.