Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Order, TWE parts. *see 1st and LAST post*

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cornfuzzled folks.

I require the "Clue-X-4" ... I dont believe that "Clue-X-Nuke" is warrentted yet sooo after reading this thread I'm rather close to an infinite loop.

What happened to the R&D Skip was doing? Where did this project come from? What's with the 10 order min? I feel like I'm trying to learn a new language here sorry folks.

Did a group collaberative occur in my traveles? Or not?

Somehow... someone care to clear the welders fog in my eyes?

I'm cornfuzzled folks.

I require the "Clue-X-4" ... I dont believe that "Clue-X-Nuke" is warrentted yet sooo after reading this thread I'm rather close to an infinite loop.

What happened to the R&D Skip was doing? Where did this project come from? What's with the 10 order min? I feel like I'm trying to learn a new language here sorry folks.

Did a group collaberative occur in my traveles? Or not?

Somehow... someone care to clear the welders fog in my eyes?

Check out this post:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12054&highlight=tech+works

***Everyone who is 100% serious about a header, say "I", and if you want a Donwpipe, say so as well***

I need a real figure on who is going to get one for sure, and who is not going to get one.

Oh, the prices seem to be...

$165 for the Downpipe, 2.5 inch.

$379 for the header. Mandreal bends, and close to equal length

Both are stainless steel construction.

If this is the final price for the parts, with no modifications needed to be done and it's completely bolt on with the stock turbo, count me in. Otherwise, some peeps are going to need to know what turbo the header and/or downpipe is supposed to be hooked up too and any other mods that's needed to be done to make all this come together.

I remember last reading that the price would be higher if the stock turbo is to be used. I know I wouldn't want to stay with the stock turbo but still. People are still confused.

I'll be trying to contact TWE throughout today to see what is up. Good luck with everything.

***Everyone who is 100% serious about a header, say "I", and if you want a Donwpipe, say so as well***

Assuming the pricing is similar to the quoted prices and it's bolt on (preferably for the stock turbo, but a TD04 setup would be acceptable as well), I'm 100% in for both parts. :D

I need a real figure on who is going to get one for sure, and who is not going to get one.

'I' for the header and 'I' for the downpipe as well, although I would like to see a pic of the downpipe to see what I am getting into. Downpipe is mandrel bent too right?

If everyone who wants the parts emails them...I bet we get a faster response...last time i emailed was about 1-2 weeks ago, still nothing back from that.
I will send ya an email too.

Update: Hey WJM, if you can't get me a pic, then just answer those questions on that email I sent you and that will be good enough. Also add this question to the list: Is the downpipe also mandrel bent?

Hey,

I just got off the phone with Tom Petter of TWE. He stated that they will not be able to get to doing the custom header and downpipe until 1.5 months (Darn...or was it the middle of next month?). The shop is neck deep in a racing program that is going on so they can not get into it at the moment. Tom is willing to get to it but the marketing guy 'Keith' is putting the racing program as a priority.

Once they are able to have time to custom make the header and downpipe, expect 2 weeks before it is completed.

We all know how things are. They could get to it next week or it may take 3 months due to circumstances. I'm all for it RIGHT NOW. In two months, I can't say where I'll be. My XT6 could possibly be running again. :lol:

If I can get my hands on one of the two systems that were already made, IT'S MINE. :brow: And at least one of the systems was on an EA81T and it wasn't even made for it but yet the car 'flew'. Ahh well!

Well...thats.....hm. Time. Good for me cuz I dont quite have the $ for both right now. Those are good questions on a direct bolt up....There were pics posted in another thread about these parts. Info on that is up in this thread somewhere.

I thought there was a DP pic somewhere. I'll do some research and answer the Q's when i find the answers, i have not forgotten!

WJM, the only pic I have seen is for the header, but what about the downpipe? I must be blind...can you send me a direct link to the pic. Any answers to the questions I sent you?

Is this deal still going to happen or what? It seems that it has all fallen apart due to TWE involvement with a racing program and people's dry wallets. I am still very much interested. Is there still enough people interested to make this happen and are you guys going to have the money when TWE has some time to make these pipes? Maybe if we all call in, they will consider putting us at a higher priority.

Is this deal still going to happen or what? It seems that it has all fallen apart due to TWE involvement with a racing program and people's dry wallets. I am still very much interested. Is there still enough people interested to make this happen and are you guys going to have the money when TWE has some time to make these pipes? Maybe if we all call in, they will consider putting us at a higher priority.
Hey,

I just got off the phone with Tom Petter of TWE. He stated that they will not be able to get to doing the custom header and downpipe until 1.5 months (Darn...or was it the middle of next month?). The shop is neck deep in a racing program that is going on so they can not get into it at the moment. Tom is willing to get to it but the marketing guy 'Keith' is putting the racing program as a priority.

Once they are able to have time to custom make the header and downpipe, expect 2 weeks before it is completed.

Nothing about dry wallets is holding them up. They are just busy at the moment. There are other vendors/shops peeps could try as well.