Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rally Cross possibilities north of Bellingham...

edrach

...and not across the border in Canada.

I was talking with an old friend in Chuckanut SCC (located in Bellingham). He's been trying to get a RX venue between Bellingham and Ferndale so the club can add RX to their active autocross calendar. With the demise of the Hillsboro, OR venue I'm certainly all for that (especially since that would only be a 2 hour ride north for me). He is actively persuing that and would let me know if there's any progress to that.

The question I have for the group that is clustered around Portland is "Would you come up that far for a RX event if ORG can't get a venue together for next year?" Also, for the rest of us who are closer to Bellingham?

PS: Not that I want to diss the Canadian RX program since I'll be looking into it seriously next year, but something closer to home without a border crossing would certainly be desirable.

...and not across the border in Canada.

I was talking with an old friend in Chuckanut SCC (located in Bellingham). He's been trying to get a RX venue between Bellingham and Ferndale so the club can add RX to their active autocross calendar. With the demise of the Hillsboro, OR venue I'm certainly all for that (especially since that would only be a 2 hour ride north for me). He is actively persuing that and would let me know if there's any progress to that.

The question I have for the group that is clustered around Portland is "Would you come up that far for a RX event if ORG can't get a venue together for next year?" Also, for the rest of us who are closer to Bellingham?

PS: Not that I want to diss the Canadian RX program since I'll be looking into it seriously next year, but something closer to home without a border crossing would certainly be desirable.

I'd go for a few 2-day events if they can pull that off. It would be about 14 or so hours round trip, so I'd prefer to get more than a whopping 10 minutes of seat time.

Jacob

I'd go for a few 2-day events if they can pull that off. It would be about 14 or so hours round trip, so I'd prefer to get more than a whopping 10 minutes of seat time.

Jacob

Speaking with Adam about the possibilities he said the would prefer a two day event for the same reasons you mention. I'm with him on that also. We'll see how it goes.