Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone want to get a FREE VIN check?

This might be a re-post, but since VIN is too short for the forum search engine, I gave up looking to see if it had been posted already.

First, go to GOOGLE.

And search using the following:

dealer autocheck inurl:vin

Then select

Past 24 hours

And tale a look at your results.

keep an eye out for any results that start with some sort of car dealer site.

Like the following:

Click on it. then look at the address bar in your browser. The end of that address SHOULD be some random VIN.

Now all you have to do is replace that VIN with your own, and press enter.

DONE!!

Happy VIN searching :clap:

• Like 1

My GL does not work (as its been in Subaru heaven since 2005) But it looks like my 91 legacy with lots of miles is still running and in Kelso WA

Interesting... my 82 brat which is now in a junkyard says NOTHING about being there. Says its all legit still :-p

Looks like my 88 GL is in Washoughal WA now.. I think it has like 318K on it.

Looks like my 92 Loyale failed DEQ alot :Flame:

My other 82 brat which went up to Oak Harbor is now down in Deer Island OR

Tried it again and was able to get it to work, turns out my Brat spent some time out in Hawaii! The history record goes back to 96 in Hawaii and then went to California in 98, then Indiana in 05. I wish I could go back farther because it has a dealer sticker on the back from South Carolina which has to be back from way back when since there isn't a SC record in the past 14 years.

:clap:

The 93 loyale we are the SECOND OWNER of! :) Not too surprising considering it only had 51,000 miles on it last year. The guy that had it averaged about 3,000 miles a year hahaha.

My 87 GL had even less! 42,000. It looks like it sat for years as there's no mileage change for awhile.

Good find!

had to look up to see if the old former CRX Si I sold in 2002 when it had 226k miles on it is still on the road.

it appears it has last entry on 4/20/2009 so 7 years after i sold it still going. doesnt list miles but shows last registered in Ft Lupton, CO so if anyone sees a 91 CRX Si teal, that is my old one and it has got to have at leeast 400k on it now

found out my 94GT wagon was an oregon car new.

this is awesome.

The last reported ODO reading on my 89 GL is 9,884 on december 15 1989.

AND apparently it was always only ever registered in Maine, which conflicts with the story that it came from texas.... But does explain the rust....

do you guys get a line for every time the registration was re-newed? Because I have a big hole between 89 and 95, it would be weird of someone bought a brand new car and took it off the road for 6 years.

WOW did it work! my leg wagon was totalled out in 96 then fixed and brought back to life.... all happened in NY.... i NEW it looked a lil funny in the front but idk why its talking about the odometer exceeding mechanical limits...all the miles add up.... maybe its a brand new engine n tranny? anybody have any info?

I was kind of hoping that mine had a terrible title history with lots of theft and whatnot... It's not like anything on a title check is going to reduce the value of a beat to hell rusted out GL...

Plus its not 100% accurate. My brat which is in a junkard now shows up as still 100% legit. Seems something really should be said on there when it was checked into the junkyard. And another one of my cars shows a mileage stamp of 200,000 when I did DEQ on it, and it was really around 222K

Plus its not 100% accurate. My brat which is in a junkard now shows up as still 100% legit. Seems something really should be said on there when it was checked into the junkyard. And another one of my cars shows a mileage stamp of 200,000 when I did DEQ on it, and it was really around 222K

Well, my mileage only shows as 9000something... But I don't understand the registration history. Shouldn't there be a line for each year it was re-newed?

I'd look at my legacy's VIN, but it's 1200 miles away from me with a blown engine right now..

Nice. I went through coxchevy and it worked. :)

Looks like my GL has failed DEQ every time it was tested ran between 2001 and 2006. Changed owners every time right after too. Looks like it didn't pass so it got sold. Until I got it at the beginning of 2007.

Funny, it's always passed super clean and impressed the testers for me. It's called a tune up. :-p

Other than that it's clean.

Seems to be a lucky car. For an old compact wagon to change hands and fail DEQ so many times it's surprising it never made it into a junk yard. I was meant to get it. :D