Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone want to get a FREE VIN check?

AutoCheck has 27 reports for my Wife's car while Carfax only list 23, but both sites asks a Payment to Show the Reports... Does anyone knows how to read 'em? :confused:

Kind Regards.

HI,

Did you follow the directions on the 1st page? You can't go directly to the website for Carf a x/Auto c h eck for this for free... you must use the directions.

PM me your VIN and I'll check it....also, not sure this works for cars not registered in the USA.

Td

My wife's car came from USA, it was registered there its first ten years and Yes, I Followed the directions...

It seems like the VIN check companies are figuring this loophole out and starting to block it. It's getting really hard to find a site that allows free vin checks.

...exactly what I've imagined, seems like it isn't working anymore.

That Link Worked for Me ... :banana: ... Thank You!

The info about my Wife's car is complete, it even includes the date and departure port when it was shipped to my Li'l country... Now I know it was running in three different States of the USA before coming here; and there wasn't any accident reported, only an insurance lost.

But there's no record about my Subaru "BumbleBeast" ... it came brand new from the Dealer in USA to my Li'l Country in 1985, so the only info the site has for my Subie is the Make / Model \ year and place of building.

Kind Regards.

• 2 months later...

Another tip: usually when you click on a link on any webpage, the server of the page you are opening receives the information of the "referring page". If someone posts a link to a working site and people "follow" it, the server keeps a record telling them people are coming from the USMB, and it makes it easier for them to a) block access to the relevant pages, and B) potentially messing up with this great site.

Therefore, I would recommend you NOT to post links to working sites (at least not without masking them as *dash did). If you really want to help someone else use PMs or something like that, or instruct the person how to follow the (very good) instructions on the first posts.

My 2¢

this little trick has been spelled out all over the internet at numerous car forums. I'm afraid it's a closed door now.

Used it yesterday. If the 1st post's instructions are followed, it still works.

But I did have to look thru more Google results to get one that did work.

Same here. Used it yesterday. They are out there still. The ones I had been using have all been patched. Anything that says "motorweb" in the URL is a no go, from my experiences.

Instructions were followed. Been trying all week. Only get 4+/- pages of results from google, none worked. I also tried Bing and Yahoo. Same result, none working .

www .acraauto .com/vehicle_display_carfax.php?vin= JF1GD67696G509333&sid=5081645

remove spaces

The V I N isn't always the last # in the URLs that will work.

I don't filter by 'last 24 hours' and get 10+ pages of results.

Edited by wtdash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

your not following the directions if you got 421000 results.   You need to narrow it down by selection last 24hrs

And FYI, I just used it this evening.  Still working.  Though I will say that WEEKENDS do seem to be troublesome, as there simply are not as many dealers requesting auto-checks on the weekend.  

If you cannot find a hit on the weekend, try it mid-day monday or afternoon.

bottom line, it still works.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

it still works http://www.sandersford .com/_autocheck?VIN=1FMYU03125KC74982&DealerId=5016134

put your vin where the bold is and remove the spaces between  sandersford and .com

worked for me, my rigs have been all over the country, no accidents either! and my turbo sat from 91 to 96, it has been constantly registered since then.

my 86 drove from ak to FL twice! with some history in WA and MN

Edited by AKghandi
  • Like 1