Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AAAAAAH!!! Car break in!

Someone tried to drive away with my wagon today. The ignition switch looks as if they took a screw driver to it. The window was rolled down, they didn't find the fuel pump on switch that i recently had to wire up! Thank god! what sucks, is it is at the point where it would have started and drove away! But it would have been VERY loud. And wouldn't have made it too far with oil leak it has. This is just not cool. Now I can't turn the key in the ignition. Thank god for the wiring of the pump! I bet they got it started, and it died pretty fast with no gas going to it! I need to hide that switch and use it as a anti car jacking device!:madder: :madder: :madder: And on top of that the ignition is stuck in the ON position. So i had to pop the hood and take off the ground. :madder: :madder: :madder:

glad your crap didn't get ganked, i had my 78 truck broken into at my school behind a locked gate, lost my tach, stereo, and brand new carb and K&N airfilter stuff, everything totallying over $2,000.

police wont do crap.

and good thing you got that switch.

Shean

My key actually still works now that i'm not totally furious and slowly tryed to unjam it. It is a little more catchy then it used to be. But i think I can get away with still using it for a while. I wanna get one of those things that shoots flames at people who try to break into the car! :clap:

Originally posted by PHATBRAT

That sucks! What is it with you guys up in Washington getting your rides stolen or broken into? I guess there is a downside to being in Subaru country. Around here, People wouldn't even THINK to look in nonetheless STEAL an old Subaru.

Yeah, you guys in New Jersey have better crimes to commit, like murder. LOL

That's how I got into Soobs in the first place. A few rides in stolen ones about 20 years ago. Little gen one wagons. Got me into 4 wheeling too.

Sorry to hear that Matt. Now I don't feel so bad finding that someone hit my hatch with an egg night before last. . . :(

guess i'm not parking at your house any more! didn't you say that your neighbors honda got stolen a while back? i'd suggest setting up a camera to your pc, i got one you can borrow and i'll help u set it up,(its a lil one, bout half the size of your hand) but i'd be watching some of your neighbors for now.

Originally posted by Zapar

Yeah, you guys in New Jersey have better crimes to commit, LOL

In Jersey they don't mess with 20 year old Subarus. They are out there stealing WRXs right and left!

Sorry to hear about it, but it's a good thing you had that safety. I do something of that nature when I park my STi places I don't trust.

Keith

It was 12 at night, I didn't and I couldn't see and couldn't get the positive off. I went back and shut the car off though so its fine. Ya my neighbors civic got jacked about a month ago. I am not affraid of people from the board jacking my subaru. Thought never crossed my mind. Less Miles Fox was over here. :D j.k

attempted_car_jacking.jpg

Originally posted by GeneralDisorder

You need to lift it and make it ugly. No one in their right mind would mess with a lifted roo.

GD

I had my lifted 88 wagon stolen. And it was ugly, mostly red with black quarters and two silver doors. Ofcousre like a dumb ***** I left my keys in it at work for the weekend.:banghead:

And what do you think they did with a lifted wagon? Took it in the woods of course. Someone found it and called the cops, it was sitting in a mud hole with a tree branch through the windshield, bend lower control arms, two destroyed front tires, and they got it so hot it melted the timming covers and radiator.:eek::mad:

the long hooded 1967 volvo 1800S with the 3000$ paint job. The nice restored one... It looks like there was only damage to the lower part of the door, (paint) and the ignition which is not stock anyway. It just makes me angry that they would go out of there way to F**K up such a nice classic show car. We are going to cover it now so this doesn't happen again in the near future. As far as the subaru goes, I have the parts I need to make it not leak oil everywhere! Um so ya... Thanks for letting me vent... I am going to have to set up some kinda of alert system by my house so I can catch on tape anyone who enters the yard.:D