Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First Sube!

Thanks xb! Doesn't look bad in daylight either :)

fejklu.jpg

Yeah, that thing was lashed on with some L-shaped steel, with some old braided nylon rope securing the works to the cargo rails... clearly a last-minute gotta-get-to-Burning-Man type of thing. The old Thule box plastic is pretty thin from UV damage and there's a large crack creeping up the lid. It's better than nothing -- just needs more duct tape before the next trip, but I'd like to get a box in better condition sometime.

rabyft.jpg

"get hazed" gotta love that.

I've just ordered an OBDII/ELM327 bluetooth dongle from amazon ($25) and "Torque" software ($5) from Android market so I can see what's happening with the engine real-time. Not sure if that will tell me what's wrong with my front suspension though, probably not :( I'm cruising the threads to see what the problem could be.

Edited by LokeDawgg

i've got a OBDII->USb adapter and a regular scanner. they come in handy for sure, and it comes in handy when your at a bar chattin bout cars with the good lookin bartender girl and she mentions her CEL is on. then you can read it and offer advise in exchange for a beer! :)

good lookin ride, i like the white/gray scheme.

that box has sure seen better days, love the burnin man comment. LOL

• 4 months later...

Welp, because of lack of funds it's taken longer than I thought it would, but I've finally got a hold of a set of four '04 Forester struts with tophats and coilovers. They've got 55k on 'em but look to be in good condition. Got them from a guy over on the SubaruForester forums in VA for $250 delivered! I could put them on right now but I figure I'm gonna wait until my next paycheck and buy some saggy butt spacers from Shawn at Paranoid Fabrications... seems like a really nice guy. I figure I could throw on the 3/4" rear spacers and be done but I'm gonna get the 1" rear and 1/4" front... add a quarter inch of lift for $30.

Also going to get tires... I'm a little split between Geolanders and HydroEdge right now. I'm getting crappy mileage ~18mpg bleh. Probably because of my gigantic old cargo box, bad tires and struts, and need of a tune-up.

Speaking of cargo box, I took off the duct-tape holding it together and laid some carbon fiber mat and epoxy, sprayed the thing flat black and sealed it. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

Oh, also I got the rear five windows tinted to 3% vis at a cash-discount tint shop in Oakland.

Tune-up, tires, struts, spacers and ground kit in a week or so! :headbang:

Pictures to come!