Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check this out if you wanna Go Wheeling are Stock and are in the PNW!!! Free 2" lift

one eye

Josh(El Presidente) and I are looking to widen our Wheeling group so We are willing to put up a(1) 2" lift and help put it on in my shop for free to someone who is really wanting to get into it but just dont have the knowledge or tools to get a lifted rig set up, so Josh And I will help do that.

Things that will be needed

1)I have a 2" lift for an EA82, so You will need an EA82

2)Your going to want to be able to wheel the rig that gets lifted, hence the widening of our group

3)You are going want to learn, its not just a free lift it is more of an opportunity to learn.

4) Car Must run well, I dont really want to get a piecer and try and rebuild a whole car that needs struts axles motor trans and everything, this is just a lift..........

There might be more to add to this list..............

Add a pic of your car and Explain why you might want the lift.....

Here are some of the 2" lifted wagons that have been done in the shop or at Wills house

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

Subarubluecar014.jpg

homeandwagon2021.jpg

RonsLift009.jpg

Marcus56Subaru003-1.jpg

Pics005-1.jpg

picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=975

Who is looking to go Wheeling????????????

Jeff

Edited by one eye

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here I am paying for my lift like a chump...

then again, I've owned it for 2 years and only taken it wheelin twice... and the first time it broke almost instantly... :rolleyes:

I should hop across the boarder and make a mess of things...

here I am paying for my lift like a chump...

then again, I've owned it for 2 years and only taken it wheelin twice... and the first time it broke almost instantly... :rolleyes:

I should hop across the boarder and make a mess of things...

that would be cool if you came down

Jeff

I posted this in the 80's subaru general forum, to try and get the word out, but I think it got deleted....

If anybody wants to join NWWO, but wants more than a 2" lift we may be able to help you. You'd have to buy or make it yourself though(we can help here too), the only free lift is the 2".

I remebered I roughed out two 3" strut blocks(hard part of the lift) when I lifted Lightfoot. I'll offer those up for free,...but the only catch is that I need a little bit more steel to get them done and maybe some wire for the welder. If any body is interested, we'll work something out.

I also have a set of 6 lug toyota wheels that I'd lend out if you join NWWO, but I'm not ready to sell with then yet. We can help you upgrade to a 6 lug setup too(super cheap and simple) if you want.

This is a great opportunity!

Josh

That is really cool of you to do.

I'd be a perfect canidate if I wasn't in Arizona. Like it was said- too bad I'm not closer. Still looking to get the body lift to go along with the struts and turn my mom mobile into a super sube.

This is really cool of you guys to do for folks. I love these old wagons (to the point of obsession my wife says). I have a 84 GL EA81 I just put a webber on and it should be running well now, but I can't get the hood back on without a lift. Can I pay you guys for a set of the front lift blocks I need. I would love to switch to the 6 lug wheels. That is in the plans for the near future.

This is really cool of you guys to do for folks. I love these old wagons (to the point of obsession my wife says). I have a 84 GL EA81 I just put a webber on and it should be running well now, but I can't get the hood back on without a lift. Can I pay you guys for a set of the front lift blocks I need. I would love to switch to the 6 lug wheels. That is in the plans for the near future.

You can get the short filter and clips and be just fine. You should. (Then get a lift at your option!)

I would love to join. I got a 2" lift on my ea81 wagon w/ 26" tires, but I have no time to go wheeling. Boy I wish I did. I missed mushroom picking this year almost totally due to work. Ya'll are really cool for throwing that option out there to folks. YO!

Do you want to join NWWO, or are you looking to buy a lift kit?

I don't know if anybody has a EA81 lift kit they'd sell, but they're available from a couple sources/vendors. If you want to join NWWO, we can help you build or install a lift and a 6 lug upgrade, but we are looking for somebody who will spend some trail time with us.

You can get the short filter and clips and be just fine. You should. (Then get a lift at your option!)

I would love to join. I got a 2" lift on my ea81 wagon w/ 26" tires' date=' but I have no time to go wheeling. Boy I wish I did. I missed mushroom picking this year almost totally due to work. Ya'll are really cool for throwing that option out there to folks. YO![/quote']

Most of the trips are scheduled around the first Saturday of the month, but if that doesn't work with your job/life schedule and you DO have some time, post a day/time you want to go wheelin and see if anybody else wants to join you.

Im down! I just finished up oil pump seals and intake manifold gaskets and my EA82 is running great. The only things I see it needing in the near future is a rack and pinion and it has a mild exhaust leak. Last night I took it out for its maiden voyage with a fresh set of studs to a railroad service road and went for a little shmob, theres about 4 inches of snow and it handled it all with no problem, I went everywhere my buddy did in his F 150 with 35s. I was telling him my goal is to get 27s on it and he just laughed at me:rolleyes: to each his own.

One small issue would travel, I live about 250 miles away, I honestly have nothing going where Im at currently and my job went out of season about 2 weeks ago. I have a few hundred saved up and I got to thinking, would it be out of line to relocate? Really the only thing I am interested in is my Subarus and Ive dreamed of a lifting one for a few years now.

If you do move over to this side of the mountains don't be a stranger!

If I lived further up north I'd totally be down, cept I'd be bringing an OBS lol, but I'd buy some steel and such for some help with the OBS. Actually... have you guys up there done D/R into imp? I think that will be the only thing holding my car back is the gearing. I am thinking of moving north so if I do I'll probably try and scare up an old brat and wheel that instead but down here in cali with all the smog regulations and BS im a little hesitant to get something that old and try to get through the hoops, already delt with my share of nightmares like that with my CRX (which is still illegal and sits in my shop). Anyway I think its an awesome thing you guys are doing, keep it up!

I'd love to come down and go wheelin' with you guys, lift or not.

My only concern is that my loyale is my daily driver so I can't bash it up too bad, and I have to pass emissions testing once every 2 years, so I have to keep that in mind.

I picked up some Toyota 16" alloy rims and tire combo that works out to 29", any advice on how much trimming and firewall bashing required to fit them if possible without a lift would be appreciated?

I also have a dual range tranny and diff to put in, I'll probally need some help.

Edited by BlackBoot

Hey..off topic, but I think since you guys are cool enough to offer this to someone, I'd really be happy to put a cool USMB banner across my windshield when I finish with my subaru. I've notice a few people do it with dirty impreza.com. Any place where I can get the template or order something?

Hey..off topic, but I think since you guys are cool enough to offer this to someone, I'd really be happy to put a cool USMB banner across my windshield when I finish with my subaru. I've notice a few people do it with dirty impreza.com. Any place where I can get the template or order something?

http://www.indysworld.com/decals/