Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Shifter Bushing P/N's ?

Anyone know the P/n's of the bushings needed to tighten up the shifter in a 93 loyale front drive 5mt. It would help if I call em in instead of going after work. One other quick question. The electric fan hasn't come on since we put the car back together. I jumped it out this weekend and it ran. I now have to check the sending unit. The question is should it come on with the A/C compressor or just the temp switch on the radiator. Thanks

Daughters going out of town so wanted to tighten things up for here as she still isn't real comfy with the 5speed so I used some insulation off a piece of 12/2 cable. It took out most of the slack. The worst one is at the shifter to shift rod junction. I know it won't last but made a big difference. We have some stout plastic thin wall hose here at work I'm going to try and find something that will work better than the insulation sleeve. Can't get parts till after the holiday. Plus I just like homegrown better.

Thanks a bunch!! Just what I need. An ideal solution, should last forever. We have some types of high tech tubing at work and was going to try and make the bushing from that but couldn't find the right size. Besides I like the OP's design better. Just noticed something on the parts diagram print out I got from the dealer. It shows a little spring that goes to the bracket that bolts to the trans. I saw that on the car but didn't see where the other end hooks. Does anyone by chance have a pic of how that springs mounts?

Edited by bigjimd