Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

pic of junk yard gl finally

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iluvdrt

iluvdrt

to lift, or not to lift

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • j-ville nc

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:47 PM

well here is a pic of my subies. the blue is a 87 gl10 turbo, and the grey is the new one from the junk yard i got.

i just begun the engine fix. i am taking all the emission junk off, and putting on new timing belts. i will be installing a used turbo clutch from my other turbo engine(about 50%) and then hopefully it will run. the junk yard said when it was put in the car ran prior to the timing belt breaking, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
i plan on making bumpers for it and installing a lift by the end of the year. this is a very tight budget build, so i am kind of coping out on some things, but they arent very important things. ill keep everyone updated.

excuse thhe quality of the pic, walmart sucks.

#2 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:54 PM

Looks like good junk to me!:brow:

Start carving!:headbang:

Fingers crossed,
Glenn
82 Hatch, well it started out that way...
01 Forester, still is.....

#3 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:07 PM

looks good, i got a dl fwd wagon over the weekend , with no rust ,white :banana:

#4 iluvdrt

iluvdrt

to lift, or not to lift

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • j-ville nc

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

mine has some rusted out holes in the rear qtr. panel. i will patck it with some aluminum diamond plate, like the jeeps have.

i am done with the emissions now. i have to do the air filter housing. does anyone know what that stuff is inside it? im talking about the brass looking things with the vacume hoses attached. are they important?

also where is the vent solenoid valve on the hitachi carb? do i need to plug that into the intake somewhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users