Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pic of junk yard gl finally

well here is a pic of my subies. the blue is a 87 gl10 turbo, and the grey is the new one from the junk yard i got.

i just begun the engine fix. i am taking all the emission junk off, and putting on new timing belts. i will be installing a used turbo clutch from my other turbo engine(about 50%) and then hopefully it will run. the junk yard said when it was put in the car ran prior to the timing belt breaking, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

i plan on making bumpers for it and installing a lift by the end of the year. this is a very tight budget build, so i am kind of coping out on some things, but they arent very important things. ill keep everyone updated.

excuse thhe quality of the pic, walmart sucks.

mine has some rusted out holes in the rear qtr. panel. i will patck it with some aluminum diamond plate, like the jeeps have.

i am done with the emissions now. i have to do the air filter housing. does anyone know what that stuff is inside it? im talking about the brass looking things with the vacume hoses attached. are they important?

also where is the vent solenoid valve on the hitachi carb? do i need to plug that into the intake somewhere?