Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Leaking Coolant Hose

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 taz ride

taz ride

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Moorefield,West Virginia

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

HELP How do you replace the bottom coolant hose on the bottom side turbo? I have a leak on the rubber coolant hose, I can see the end by the wheel well but not the other end because it is under the turbo unit. Any ideas would help. Thanks, Larry:Flame:

#2 CHIM

CHIM

I think i can break that.

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Oregon

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

your gonna have to pull the turbo off. i blew that same hose far from home once. had to do it on the side of the road.

#3 taz ride

taz ride

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

Wow, that is not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the reply.:banghead:

#4 taz ride

taz ride

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

Well I found out that you can replace the lower turbo cooling hose without removing the turbo. Dealer quoted me 4 hours labor to remove & replace the hose. This was just an estiment. The wife had a plan to do the job and it took 3 hours with out removing the turbo. BTW the hose was not at fault it was a bad hose clamp. I saved 400.00 bucks by their estiment. Thanks.:D

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,423 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

That four hours sounds like the labor for the turbo is involved. Suppose the technician can do it without pullng the turbo. I have done it. So what will happen is you will be paying 4 hours labor for about a half hour's work.

#6 taz ride

taz ride

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Yougot it Miles. 400.00 for replacing a hose. Woman came into service desk for a recall repair . The service rep told her she was do for 80000 mile service. She ask how much; 419.00 a sudden smell came over the room of ************. She said no and left saying just do the recall!:o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users