Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy Ya'll! SoobNoob Here ;-P

Hey guys,

My name's Matthew. I'm currently living in Tacoma, WA and just picked up my first Subie. It's an 88' GL wagon SFPI EA82 4WD. 4" lift (supposedly from Australia), custom front and rear bumpers, Peugot 14" steelies, and RX3 rear disc conversion. You can check out this Photobucket link if you want to see a few pics of what it looks like currently:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/usafmvp01/Subie/

Use password "guestpass". The guy I bought it from (Jeff) was a member of the NW Offroad group up near Bellingham, WA.

I made my first successful road trip from Tacoma to Corvallis this last weekend. That was all it took to convince me to do the EJ22 conversion! So I am on the hunt for a complete swap setup (EJ22 engine, ECU, wire harness, and adapter plate. So, if you're in Washington or Oregon and have any of these for sale, let me know. Also, if anyone would be interested in helping out with this swap in the future, hit me up. I'd be willing to trade the EA82 and maybe something else (beer :drunk:) for compensation. I've never done an engine swap before and despite the amount of info on this forum, the wire splicing is a little intimidating. I'd also be willing to help someone else out with their swap or something (basically just another pair of hands).

Other small projects in the mix are, sound dampening the interior, finding newer (more comfortable) seats, better door speakers, reupholster the headliner/door panels, remove the carpet and install rubber matting, bigger tires/wheels after the engine swap.

Also, if there's anyone around the South Sound area (Seattle, Tacoma, Oly, etc.) that'd be interesting in starting a small club or something, let me know. Seems like most of the guys are farther up north.

Ok, that's enough rambling for now. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to the guys that make this site possible. It's great to be part of a forum like this where almost everyone is supportive an helpful and not acting like a bunch of teenage YouTubers (i.e. most diesel/JDM forums).

Prost!

Matt

Edited by usafmvp01
To add link for pics

I've been into Subaru's since I was about 16, turning 20 soon so more or less than 4 years. :drunk: Most of my knowledge is in the ea81 and ea82 platforms, I have quite a few teardowns and buildups between the two engine types.

Yea I remember seeing all those stickers everywhere, thats the only turnoff I saw viewing the ad. (I like to try and keep my cars low profile, don't want to advertise myself. ;) Learned that the hard way sadly.)

Hey guys,

My name's Matthew. I'm currently living in Tacoma, WA and just picked up my first Subie. It's an 88' GL wagon SFPI EA82 4WD. 4" lift (supposedly from Australia), custom front and rear bumpers, Peugot 14" steelies, and RX3 rear disc conversion.

I made my first successful road trip from Tacoma to Corvallis this last weekend. That was all it took to convince me to do the EJ22 conversion! So I am on the hunt for a complete swap setup (EJ22 engine, ECU, wire harness, and adapter plate. So, if you're in Washington or Oregon and have any of these for sale, let me know. Also, if anyone would be interested in helping out with this swap in the future, hit me up. I'd be willing to trade the EA82 and maybe something else (beer :drunk:) for compensation. I've never done an engine swap before and despite the amount of info on this forum, the wire splicing is a little intimidating. I'd also be willing to help someone else out with their swap or something (basically just another pair of hands).

Other small projects in the mix are, sound dampening the interior, finding newer (more comfortable) seats, better door speakers, reupholster the headliner/door panels, remove the carpet and install rubber matting, bigger tires/wheels after the engine swap.

Also, if there's anyone around the South Sound area (Seattle, Tacoma, Oly, etc.) that'd be interesting in starting a small club or something, let me know. Seems like most of the guys are farther up north.

Ok, that's enough rambling for now. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to the guys that make this site possible. It's great to be part of a forum like this where almost everyone is supportive an helpful and not acting like a bunch of teenage YouTubers (i.e. most diesel/JDM forums).

Prost!

Matt

You are awesome! I just bought a '88 GL Wagon with SPFI and 4wd as well! Coencidently you want to do mor or less the same stuff to yours that I do mine- this makes us some sort of spiritual twins.

Good luck with your project and welcome!