Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS 2" EA82 Lift Kits- $100!!!

hey new member here. I have just bought a sweet 82 Brat thats all original and it needs new tires....so before I buy them I would like to lift it 2" do you have a kit for me? I am not a mechanic so .... and if I did lift the Brat 2" what size tires would fit well?? Thanks Dan

hey new member here. I have just bought a sweet 82 Brat thats all original and it needs new tires....so before I buy them I would like to lift it 2" do you have a kit for me? I am not a mechanic so .... and if I did lift the Brat 2" what size tires would fit well?? Thanks Dan

Unfortunately I don't make 2" lifts for the Brats or any other EA81 vehicles, they require a full lift with crossmember spacers and the works. These kits are for EA82/ Gen 3 vehicles only.

-Bill

I have had this lift on for 2 years now and has been nothing but perfect. But a question i would post is that would you offer a 1 or possibly 2 inch engine crossmember and rear diff drop. With the 2 inch lift the axels are alittle stressed and it might extend the life of the cv shafts more if you put a 1 or 2 inch lift in those areas.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had this lift on for 2 years now and has been nothing but perfect. But a question i would post is that would you offer a 1 or possibly 2 inch engine crossmember and rear diff drop. With the 2 inch lift the axels are alittle stressed and it might extend the life of the cv shafts more if you put a 1 or 2 inch lift in those areas.

I could do blocks for the engine and transmission crossmembers, but then it would require a steering shaft extension and a lot more work to install, and would cost more. If there would be enough demand I could do it though.

-Bill

are you still doing big lifts too? I'm considering doing a t-case swap and am looking at an 8-10" lift.

I don't think I'm going to get back into building the big lifts, it just takes too long because I have to do it all by hand, and there's just not enough profit to be made to justify taking that much time away from my family. I have a bunch of old parts from 6" kits that never got finished though. PM me if you are interested.

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh extremely tempted. Looking for a laptop? I would trade a fully working dell d620 for a kit.

And would this be fine on my 87 gl? You said extreme angles on cv? Does this mean they will go bad easily or what? How can I avoid this? If I put bigger tires and wheels on should the angles go away?

Ooooh extremely tempted. Looking for a laptop? I would trade a fully working dell d620 for a kit.

And would this be fine on my 87 gl? You said extreme angles on cv? Does this mean they will go bad easily or what? How can I avoid this? If I put bigger tires and wheels on should the angles go away?

The CV angles won't go away, but what it means is they will fail sooner than they would otherwise, so I'd buy the lifetime replacement axles and get real comfortable changing them out :D It varies car by car, some people never really have issues while others do.

-Bill

The CV angles will only go away if you drop the front engine crossmember and Radius Rods and then the Rear diff and Suspension tube. If you were to go though all this effort, you should go with a 3" lift, then you would drop everything else 1"

My EA82 with a 2" kit has no issues with Axles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive had my lift kit for 2 years and there holding up strong. One question though. I think i would like to put 1 or 2 inch lift blocks under the crossmember. I think it would help with the angle and would ease when working on changine cv shafts or other suspension components. Would you be willing to make me a set with bolts and how much would you charge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks TheLoyale, that sounds good to me. I was mainly concerned about my rear axles because from what I've gathered, they are a bit harder to come by than front axles. My front axles need to be replaced anyway, so I imagine that will be the next thing on my todo list after ordering a set of these here lift blocks.

Is the OP still offering these kits? If so I will probably be placing an order within the next week or so. I guess if I get no response here for awhile (somewhat dead thread) I'll PM him.

Thanks for the info!

The rear axles are in a way, under less stress, as with the 2" kit, the angle isn't horrible (Even with the wheels off the ground/suspension at full travel) Since the rear axles don't have to pivot and turn like the front CVs.

And yes, rear axles are harder to come by. You cannot buy them new as far as I know, unless you want to drop $250 for one at the dealer.

Yeah I think Bill is still offering the smaller kits. I'd PM him ;)

-Tom