Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS 2" EA82 Lift Kits- $100!!!

Will this kit work on a 82 gl wagon?

Nope, the front strut tops on the EA81 chassis use two mounting bolts. The EA82 use 3 like more current Subarus.

Like this:

2009_0711Test0012.jpg

The rear might actually be the same, you'll need two pieces of 45* bent flat stock.

Like this: EA82 bodied car.

2009_0711Test0004.jpg

Here is a general idea as to what you'd get with the kit (This one is made by another member, but costs 3x as much) Bill's kits are well made, I've seen one in person, and would go with the BOSS kit over the SJR next time.

2009_0628Test0015.jpg

Here is a general idea as to what you'd get with the kit (This one is made by another member, but costs 3x as much) Bill's kits are well made, I've seen one in person, and would go with the BOSS kit over the SJR next time.

Does SJR's kit come with any additional pieces/parts (subframe drop, extended steering linkage, etc) to justify the cost? just curious, as I'm in the market for a 2 inch kit..

Does SJR's kit come with any additional pieces/parts (subframe drop, extended steering linkage, etc) to justify the cost? just curious, as I'm in the market for a 2 inch kit..

No, with a 2" lift you don't drop the subframe. Don't need to extend the stearing either. All a 2" lift is, is blocks under the struts.

The only thing you get with the SJR kit, would be from crossmember drop blocks, they are 1" rectangle stock. But no, nothing else.

I suppose the added cost is that SJR CNCs his parts for a cleaner cut, and he has to cut his logo into everything :rolleyes:

No, with a 2" lift you don't drop the subframe. Don't need to extend the stearing either. All a 2" lift is, is blocks under the struts.

It wouldn't hurt to drop the engine down 1" to lower the angle of the front axles, nothing would need to be extended for a 1" drop.

It wouldn't hurt to drop the engine down 1" to lower the angle of the front axles, nothing would need to be extended for a 1" drop.

True, I agree... Wait dropping the sub frame dosnt change the angle on the axels, because your pretty much dropping the engine. you'd have to drop the tranny mounts to change the angle right? Now all dropping the sub frame does is allow the axel to have more clearance from the sub frame?

I was just thinking, don't take anything I said the wrong way! :)

Haha... With a larger lift, yes dropping both the engine and trans crossmembers (Along with rear trailing tube, carrier bearing and Radius rods) is the way to go. But with the 2" you can drop the engine with 1" blocks and that will give you more travel with the axles.

Without the 1" spacer blocks, when you jack the car up, the axles are pretty much resting on the crossmember where the control arm bolts in. Using the blocks should give you a little more movement and maybe a gap between the axle shaft and crossmember.

Sorry for the Hijack Bill!

Haha... With a larger lift, yes dropping both the engine and trans crossmembers (Along with rear trailing tube, carrier bearing and Radius rods) is the way to go. But with the 2" you can drop the engine with 1" blocks and that will give you more travel with the axles.

Without the 1" spacer blocks, when you jack the car up, the axles are pretty much resting on the crossmember where the control arm bolts in. Using the blocks should give you a little more movement and maybe a gap between the axle shaft and crossmember.

Sorry for the Hijack Bill!

Makes Sence! Thanks! And yeah sorry bill!

could i buy a lift . i have a home made one but brand new tires and cant afford to ruin them with my camber issue \ / . if so please let me know . i dont have a computer so if possible leave a phone number. if any thing leave a way to order one kit please . thanks

could i buy a lift . i have a home made one but brand new tires and cant afford to ruin them with my camber issue \ / . if so please let me know . i dont have a computer so if possible leave a phone number. if any thing leave a way to order one kit please . thanks

His number is under his name

• 1 month later...
PM sent... can't wait to get it... hopefully will have it before we get some serious snow:headbang:

Got the kit today... I will shoot them tomorrow, put it together Saturday morning and play in the afternoon. Thanks Bill, beautiful product.

Edited by tundrabrat

Is there any way you can do a 4 inch? i can build all the drop brackets and whatnot that's needed with the 4 inch. all i really need is the front and rear spacers.

I have just perfected my 4" design, and they are available to be ordered. I build the larger lifts on a per-order basis.

For EA82 cars, the 4" kit is $400 plus $35 shipping anywhere in the US.

-Bill

I'll support this post! I am very happy with the 4" kit Bill sent me. Looks awesome!

I have just perfected my 4" design, and they are available to be ordered. I build the larger lifts on a per-order basis.

For EA82 cars, the 4" kit is $400 plus $35 shipping anywhere in the US.

-Bill