Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

BOSS 2" EA82 Lift Kits- $100!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#76 Tobyz

Tobyz

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Steering not string

#77 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,751 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

No, but a piece of 1x1 square tubing could fix that. Cut the link in half, drop each end into the piece of tubing and lay a bead of weld and voila! Done :)

This is what I'm gonna have to do when I get to that point.

-Tom

#78 xbeerd

xbeerd

dookin'

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  • Milwaukee, WI

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

i'd drill a couple holes and plug weld them too, to the shaft thats inside the tubeing

#79 philoftheblanks

philoftheblanks

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Oak Grove, OR

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I would love to buy one of your 2" kits, they appear sturdier than my homemade pieces. These seem to be holding up fine but I'm not sure I'd trust them in the eastern Oregon wilderness. I'll be giving you a call soon.

#80 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Bumpage, I have quite a few of these in stock and ready to ship! Still only $120 shipped! Paint no longer available though, bare steel only.

-Bill

#81 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

http://www.ultimates...spension-lifts/

Upgrade kit for BOSS 2" lifts, give me your input! Thanks

-Bill

#82 scoobywagon45

scoobywagon45

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Hey will the boss 2 inch lift work for an 88 gl 10, it seems like it would but I just wanna know, if they do then I want one  ^_^

#83 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hey will the boss 2 inch lift work for an 88 gl 10, it seems like it would but I just wanna know, if they do then I want one  ^_^

This kit will fit your car, PM me to order one, I have them in stock ready to ship.

-Bill

#84 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,978 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Just a shot in the dark.  Could you put a 1 inch tubeing under the engine mounts to lower the cross member.

#85 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,508 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Just a shot in the dark.  Could you put a 1 inch tubeing under the engine mounts to lower the cross member.

http://www.ultimates...spension-lifts/

#86 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Bump, these are still available and still $120 shipped to your door!

-Bill

#87 1988subiman

1988subiman

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • mcminnville

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Bump, these are still available and still $120 shipped to your door!

-Bill

you still selling the lift kit?

#88 ferces

ferces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • BOGOTA, COLOMBIA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi, how to order a 1993 Subaru Loyale 2" lift kit? and how to pay it? I live in Colombia but I got a mail box in the US; please let me know more info... Thanks

#89 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,508 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hi, how to order a 1993 Subaru Loyale 2" lift kit? and how to pay it? I live in Colombia but I got a mail box in the US; please let me know more info... Thanks

He isn't making them anymore.

#90 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I just finished 5 of these 2" kits from parts i had left over, they are ready to ship and still only $120 shipped! PM me if you want one, get them before they are gone!

-Bill

#91 TRUSTY MUSTY

TRUSTY MUSTY

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Provo UT

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

I've got an 87 Gl-10 with a still functioning Pneumatic Height control system in it. Is this lift the kind of thing i should look into once it starts giving me trouble (i hear its inevitable...) or can the 2" lift work with it?

#92 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

I've got an 87 Gl-10 with a still functioning Pneumatic Height control system in it. Is this lift the kind of thing i should look into once it starts giving me trouble (i hear its inevitable...) or can the 2" lift work with it?

My 2" lift will work with it while it is still working, all that is required is you will have to drill a hole in each front strut  top-plate to run the air hose through.  

When the air struts finally give out you'll want to replace them or your ride quality will suck.

-Bill

#93 TRUSTY MUSTY

TRUSTY MUSTY

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Provo UT

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

so lets say right now when i push the height control button, the car lifts 2". if i get the lift, would the car normally cruise at 2" higher than stock and then 4" higher than stock with the height control engaged, or will it just always ride 2" higher than stock? In the case of the potentially 4" higher than stock scenario, would that necessitate lowering the engine etc?

#94 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

I believe that when the suspension is in high mode it rides the same height as one that has springs instead of air struts, and when the suspension is in low mode it is actually 2" lower than a normal one, but I'm not 100% on that. There is one person here I can think of who put a 2" lift on an XT6 with air suspension and it all seemed to work perfect for him, if I remember right the username was grossgary, you might PM them and ask if they had any issues, I believe he used an SJR kit, which lowered the crossmember 1". 

-Bill

#95 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

2 gone, 3 lifts left...

-Bill

#96 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Only 2 left!

-Bill

#97 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,010 posts
  • WV

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

this is on an AWD XT6 which already has decent ground clearance and Canadian models come with height control as well, may be worse off than your wagon.

i've installed lifts on XT6's with air suspension and got surprising results - it caused the rear air struts to leak on mine.  the odd thing is the rear air struts are sealed up top by the bushings on the strut mounts which the strut rod passes through.  the shaft comes out of the strut, through the bushings, and those seal the top of the strut where that rod comes out.

i suppose it put enough strain/torque on those bushings that air leaks out. i tried different struts, took them all apart, cleaned them all up, reassembled, reinstalled and still the same thing. then i bought new Subaru bushings (they were surprisingly inexpensive) and installed them and still had the same thing.  since then i've bought some high quality aircraft or marine grade sealant - Sikaflex to hopefully seal all the bushings, but with the strut rod moving through the middle of them that won't seal with a sealant....so i'm unsure it will work.

since then, during all the experimenting over the years, i've simply ran front air struts (with holes drilled as he said for the lift) and rear coil over struts.

#98 ferces

ferces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • BOGOTA, COLOMBIA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Only 2 left!

-Bill

Hi Bill. I'm interested in one lift kit. Please let me know how to pay. Thanks.

ferces

#99 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hi Bill. I'm interested in one lift kit. Please let me know how to pay. Thanks.

ferces

Send me a Private Message, if you have a paypal account that is my preffered payment method, but I do accept money orders as well.

-Bill

#100 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

All lift kits are sold, none left. Thanks to everyone who bought one, I hope you enjoy them and they serve you well, and sorry to anyone who missed out. If I start making more I will let yall know. Thanks

-Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users