Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru 93 Gt Turbo Lag?

Scobaru

Hey guys ive recently brought a 93 2nd Gen sedan EJ20TT.

Everything is completly stock engine wise so yesterday i installed a B.O.V and a Pod Filter,

And Now my first turbo is lagging for like 5 secs in 1st gear

Im Pretty sure i did everything correctly as they were both just bolt on,

2udupv4.jpg

xfc86d.jpg

anything i could do to not lag?

Edited by Scobaru

Yeah dude, EJ20TTs aren't exactly the most reliable engine to start with, and a vent-to-atmosphere BOV is not something you want on there. Plus they can mess with the pressure balance between the two turbos in the crossover, at least I'm pretty sure that was the cause of my brother-in-laws EJ20TT problems before it blew up on the North Western. :-p

That'd do it too haha, yeah plumb back BOVs are the way to go, circulating BOVs sound cool but do nothing for the life of your turbo. Nice buy though, keep oil in it and keep it in top shape and it should last you quite a while! How many KMs on it?

yeah you should not use a vent to atmosphere bov on a vehicle that has a MAF sensor. It will cause driveability issues because the MAF sensor measured that air already that you are venting. lol

If you use a standalone like I did on my TT. you can make it run without the MAF and just use the MAP sensor. It wont effect it then. I actually am in the process of modding a WRX intercooler on to mine. I welded all the doors open on the switching devices and deleted the BBOD. I will then use one BOV on the wrx intercooler and put a external wastegate on the front crossover pipe. Then it will tune like it has one really big turbo. ha ha.