Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Diagnosis? My engine is a paradox in the space time continuum.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Skysm182

Skysm182

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • UTAH

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I have a question for those of you that have the pcv reroute kit. what is the difference between the blue and the black "T" connectors? The reason I ask is I bought some hose and connectors from lowes to make my own reroute kit so i don't have to buy it from the stealership.

This pdf website (http://www.directcon...aru/pvc_mod.pdf) explains the procedure and at the 4th page states that the blue and black connectors aren't interchangeable because the blue connector has an "orifice". what is it talking about? please explain in detail.

thank you

#27 Stubies Subie

Stubies Subie

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • Colton, Oregon

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have a question for those of you that have the pcv reroute kit. what is the difference between the blue and the black "T" connectors? The reason I ask is I bought some hose and connectors from lowes to make my own reroute kit so i don't have to buy it from the stealership.

This pdf website (http://www.directcon...aru/pvc_mod.pdf) explains the procedure and at the 4th page states that the blue and black connectors aren't interchangeable because the blue connector has an "orifice". what is it talking about? please explain in detail.

thank you

I have both fittings, I'll take some photos when I get ome so you can see the difference

#28 Skysm182

Skysm182

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • UTAH

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

I have both fittings, I'll take some photos when I get ome so you can see the difference

Is it possible to still get those pictures? thank you

can anyone else help answer my above question?

#29 kerandt

kerandt

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Interesting stuff. I have that "re-route kit" on my '93 Loyale and all this time I thought that was the factory set-up? Anyways the blue tee, although the same diameter as the black one, is necked down inside to about 1/4", in the middle where the 90 degree "T" is (f this makes sense). I guess that would be the "orifice" referred to.

-Keith

#30 maozebong

maozebong

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

bump for some answers. mine is doing damn near the same thing, about a quart every other tank. no obvious smoking, and i still have plenty of power and a strong 20" vacuum.

#31 Stubies Subie

Stubies Subie

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • Colton, Oregon

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Is it possible to still get those pictures? thank you

can anyone else help answer my above question?

I am really sorry, I completely forgot about this, here’s some pictures for you, and if you want the real McCoy rather then hardware bought fittings, I have three complete sets, minus the hose, that’s all that’s missing and if you want to pay postage, I’ll send you a set, but you will have to buy the hose which I don’t think is a big deal. $5.00 for this set sure beats the $50 I paid the dealer for the new one that’s on my car, and I don’t think you can go to the hardware store and buy the correct fittings for any less then $5.00

This is the bypass fitting set (minus the hose)
Posted Image

This is the original fitting set that it replaces:
Posted Image

This is the new blue fitting next to the old gray one that it replaces:
Posted Image

This is a close up of the old gray fitting, notice one hole is smaller then the other:
Posted Image Posted Image

And here’s a close up of the blue fitting: (you can see the orfice in the center of it, at least that's what I think their talking about
Posted Image Posted Image

GD just resealed my engine, and it was drinking oil like it was going out of style, about a quart every 100 to 150 miles (it was that bad) and I put this bypass kit in it and it completly stopped the oil sucking.

from the reading I've done, it seems to be a common problem between resealing an EA82, then having it suck more oil then before the reseal, apperently resealing the engine also causes it to develop more pressure inside which is forcing the oil out through the vacuum lines, at least that's my theory. I've also read that you only want to use the stock factory PCV valve, something about spring pressure or something is different with the aftermarket ones, which will also cause it to suck more oil.

Edited by Stubies Subie, 21 January 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#32 fixingrusinc83

fixingrusinc83

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Denver

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

I have installled 20 to 30 of these kits and it helps but lets look at basics, does your oil cap rattle when on tight. if it rattles it is a vacumn leak for the pvc system. Try turning the cap back 1/8 of a turn. leak sealed till you get a new seal. You may think I'm crazy but it works and you can check for a rattle in a split second.

#33 Skysm182

Skysm182

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • UTAH

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Info and Pics about pcv reroute kit.

PM sent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users