Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Taking a left onto another road in the rain and slid off an embankment. I was going too fast and the road was recently asphalted. It was similar to driving in unusually slick slush. I was in an all-out drift when I hit the curb. Right rear tire hit the curb first and threw my front end over the enbankment, and over I went landing on the passenger side roof. I'm very grateful I was unhurt and able to walk away. No insurance though... poo.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Man... it sucks big time.

It's interesting to see how the B and C pillars bent way far from the top of the windows. It looks like the structure behaved quite well...

Note to self: remember to buy winter tires

I think the structure could have done better :rolleyes:. Really wish I had the money for a brand new Forester 5spd, but I'm eyeing a '94 Legacy 2wd (BOOOOOO) 5spd. Hopefully the mileage will be a tad better, IF I manage to get the money before it gets gone. I haven't seen over 30mpg in a couple years:o.

OUCH!

Yeah, it's good to hear that you're OK. You got really lucky it landed on the passenger side.

After seeing that, I think the wagon I saw in the junkyard with the full roll cage had the right idea... :brow: these older cars just don't have the roof support that newer cars have.

At least there are a few parts you can still use! :D

So sad for the Outback, but the Most important thing is that You're Alright, Glad to read that you was able to Walk away, right after That.

You can see this event as an opportunity, Because that Outback could became a Beautiful Project car: Imagine it as a Pick up, or even as Donor car to do the "EJ Swap" over an Old School EA Subie...

There could be somehow 'endless' project posibilities, but the Good thing is that you're OK.

Kind Regards.

►Edited to change the font colour.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I think the structure could have done better :rolleyes:.

Come on... you are talking about a 20 year old design, and still the pillars managed to provide some space above the passenger's seat. I say this is a honorable discharge for your soob :D

Now... if you are parting it out put me in line for some of the goodies :)

So sad for the Outback, but the Most important thing is that You're Alright, Glad to read that you was able to Walk away, right after That.

You can see this event as an opportunity, Because that Outback could became a Beautiful Project car: Imagine it as a Pick up, or even as Donor car to do the "EJ Swap" over an Old School EA Subie...

There could be somehow 'endless' project posibilities, but the Good thing is that you're OK.

Kind Regards.

Yea, most important part, is no one got hurt.

You may have the start of an off road vehicle. Cut off the top, add a roll bar or maybe two roll bars, add a lift kit, big tires, and go have fun.