Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rolled my Outback

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Don't worry guys, the flesh is cooking in the hot sunlight as we speak. It is almost ripe for the picking. :grin:

#27 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,542 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

#28 mdjdc

mdjdc

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • Richmond

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I'm sorry. Those cars are hard to find here in the JY's and I have been slow on the uptake in the past. Didn't mean to look so vultureish. Please forgive and I hope you guys have had a nice laugh on me.

#29 Red92

Red92

Subaru Fanatic!

• Bronze Subscribers
  • 425 posts
  • Wisconsin

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

Cut the roof off... make a roadster/pickup out of it.

That is unusual damage... I concur the sentiment to 'roadster' it!

zzz
Inspiration from another thread:

Can someone say Jurassic Park style! Probably one of the best Outbacks I've seen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

... and another picture I found:
Posted Image

#30 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

It's been a little over a year since I destroyed my Outback. Just one final commemoration so that it will live on in everybodys memories as the awesomely perfect Outback that it was.

Posted Image

#31 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,551 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Glad you or no one else got hurt. Thoughts of cutting off the top to create a roadster may have some merrit. Someone posted a wagon, with the roof cut off behind the driver to create sort of a pick up truck. A roll bar could be fabricated at the B pillar, and roof sheet metal brought back to connect to the roll bar. Might work out great! When you have a lemon, turn it into lemon ade

#32 oregoncoast

oregoncoast

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Oregon Coast

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

So sad for the Outback, but the Most important thing is that You're Alright, Glad to read that you was able to Walk away, right after That.

You can see this event as an opportunity, Because that Outback could became a Beautiful Project car: Imagine it as a Pick up, or even as Donor car to do the "EJ Swap" over an Old School EA Subie...

There could be somehow 'endless' project posibilities, but the Good thing is that you're OK.

Kind Regards.

can anyone read this?

Ouch btw.

#33 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

can anyone read this?

Ouch btw.

Just highlight it and you can see it lol.

#34 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

can anyone read this?

The default forum style used to have a dark grey background. 2.7 Loyale used to post with this colour font and thus it's hard to read now. I highlight it to read it, much easier ;) He's since changed his font colour too!

As for the roll over, I don't know why people are disgusted at the damage - that stands well in my book - if it didn't move then the momentum that the vehicle has would be fully transferred to the occupants thus throwing them around with the potential for real injury. Try doing that in an L series and see who comes off the worst...

Best of luck on the replacement/build - which ever route you decide to go down ;)

Cheers

Bennie

#35 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

The default forum style used to have a dark grey background. 2.7 Loyale used to post with this colour font and thus it's hard to read now. I highlight it to read it, much easier ;) He's since changed his font colour too!

As for the roll over, I don't know why people are disgusted at the damage - that stands well in my book - if it didn't move then the momentum that the vehicle has would be fully transferred to the occupants thus throwing them around with the potential for real injury. Try doing that in an L series and see who comes off the worst...

Best of luck on the replacement/build - which ever route you decide to go down ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Yeah the nature of the accident was especially rough on the roof because it rolled down an embankment and LANDED on that corner. I had also recently healed up from a broken left collar bone, felt like I had shin-splints in it for a few weeks after that (seatbelt directly over that shoulder).

And the car's long gone, I only had it a couple months after I rolled it. The motor had 250,000 on it and now resides in my sisters Legacy. She has since put 24,000 miles on it. Darn good engines them EJ22s...

#36 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,551 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yeah the nature of the accident was especially rough on the roof because it rolled down an embankment and LANDED on that corner. I had also recently healed up from a broken left collar bone, felt like I had shin-splints in it for a few weeks after that (seatbelt directly over that shoulder).

And the car's long gone, I only had it a couple months after I rolled it. The motor had 250,000 on it and now resides in my sisters Legacy. She has since put 24,000 miles on it. Darn good engines them EJ22s...

I just figured out that this original post was 11/11, over a year ago. Upon my first read, I thought this was a new post. Now, I see the car is long gone, but the motor lives on in your sister's Leggie. I agree the EJ22 is a darn good engine. There has not been a more reliable Subie engine built since the EJ22. I have a 95 EJ22 transplanted into my 98 OBW with 50K miles. I figure the motor will last another 150K miles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users