Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Arrrrg!!!!! tranny trouble.... I need a new 5spd

well, after my test run yesterday, doing some urban offroading.... the tranny decided it did not agree with my linkage anymore.... I pushed the lever down to remove it from 4wd Lo, and it went all the way down to the console, but it did not disengage 4wd, so I tried the back up and also the gravel trick,and then later, even the jack up the back of the car and release the tension trick, but the lever is now jammed against the console, and to make it worse, i looked under the car, and it seems to have broken somewhere at the point at which it goes into the car, it is now leaking gear oil from the 4wd selector lever where it goes into the tranny.... oh well i guess... the tranny never shifted well ever sence I got it, so its time for a new one!

in the mean time, i need to go remove a rear axle so that I can drive on pavement till i can get it fixed :banghead:

anyone have a known GOOD 5spd d/r 3.9 laying around I could barter for???? please??? :D (i have some pugs, or other parts too)