Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey, guess what? I got a legacy!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Legacy is looking good! Name for it yet?

no name yet, haven't thought of one, it might come with the license plate when I get it registered .. :D

nothing seems to be jumping out at me for a name at the moment, I have't even decided what color it is yet, it looks like a dark gray to me, the paint code says its a dark blue and Shaun (my girlfriend) thought it was black till I washed it .....

I got busy today and finished my major cleanup of the legacy, I finished power washing the car, then painted the wiper arms because they were an ugly rust color:

th_100_2819.jpg

While I had the paint out, I thought the trim around the top of the doors was looking bad, most all the black paint had flaked off of it, so I did a little sanding, and sprayed that to:

th_100_2820.jpg

I even did the other side:

th_100_2821.jpg

Then I scrubbed down the inside, pulled off the seat covers and chucked the nasty looking floor mats, got out the shop vac and went to town vacuuming the inside, I'm really surprised at how nice the interior is after 271,000 miles, the people I got the car from must have always had floor mats and seat covers in it because the interior is perfect:

th_100_2822.jpg

I’ll get new floor mats and seat covers for it before I put the car on the road, and I might take the car in for a good detail job and carpet shampoo.

I shampooed the carpet in the Legacy today, and picked up one of those dri-z-air moisture traps to put in the car to keep it from smelling musty while it sits, and traded one of my boats for a complete new paint job on the car, gonna have it professionally repainted the same color it is now, dark charcoal grey, this thing should look sweet when it's done :o)

• 1 month later...

I haven’t updated the Legacy thread in a while, mainly because of other projects.

The legacy is still sitting but now runs and drives fine, I haven’t licensed it yet, so it’s not getting used, but while it sits, I’ve been doing little things to it here and there just to dress it up a little bit.

I bought a stereo from a guy at work, but it was missing a few parts, so I located all the parts off ebay and ordered them, they should be here next week, meanwhile, I had been scouting around for the big glove box pocket thing that goes under the radio, so when I do the stereo instillation, everything is going to looking like it belongs.

While I was over at general Disorders place tonight getting help with the trailer hitch project on the loyale, I mentioned that I was on the lookout for one of those boxes for the legacy, and he said, “hey, I got an extra” so I snatched it, I should have the radio in the car and working by the end of the week, it’s going to look good.

I have no idea what kind of shape the speakers are in, but I hope there good.

Meanwhile, the car is coming along nicely, with not having to drive it or need it for anything, I can afford to let it sit and tinker on it as time allows.

th_100_2897.jpg

http://s1239.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrlinfoot/media/100_2897.jpg.html

one of the reasons it’s taking me so long to get things done is because I’m working on 3 cars at the same time, so it’s little bits here and there for each car, plus I just got a pickup to do some wood hauling, dump runs and haul the boat to the river.

th_100_2891.jpg

http://s1239.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrlinfoot/media/100_2891.jpg.html

• 1 month later...

I finally got the Legacy licensed today, it will be on the road soon, the stereo is installed, and I just bought 4 brand new studded tires for it, about the only thing left to do is take it to general Disorder for an engine reseal and new timing belts :D

will post pictures when I can, we just moved and I have no internet service at the moment.