Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome *NEWER* Generation Picture Thread

258,455 miles and counting. 4eat AWD, could use a little more clearance but suits my needs perfectly fine.

check mine out - forester strut lift - super easy to do - outback struts would do about the same...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/124175-the-awesome-newer-generation-picture-thread/?p=1234116

oh, and 221,100 something, and counting. :)

• Like 1

check mine out - forester strut lift - super easy to do - outback struts would do about the same...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/124175-the-awesome-newer-generation-picture-thread/?p=1234116

oh, and 221,100 something, and counting. :)

I take it the Forester strut lift gains the most clearance? That looks pretty lifted. Being that mine is my daily and I cover a whole lot of miles for my job, I don't know that the axles would like that... maybe when it gets retired lol.

Outback struts/springs would gain you about the same - for max "bolt in" lift I have heard to use Outback struts with Forester springs (or is it the other way around? cant remember exactly)... would have to do a bit of research on which years/models to use for what.

as for the axle flex - I have been driving this car like this for a year and a half with no problems at all (around 20K miles). One rear axle was replaced when I got the car due to a bad joint, but it was bad when I got it...before the lift...torn boot and it looked like it had hit something - had a slight bend...

put new tires on the Forester 15" rims, had everything balanced and aligned and she has done great since. The extra height also makes it easier to get in/out of the car - a bonus for my old creaky knees.. LOL

a side by side shot with my old 1990 Legacy LS wagon - bone stock suspension...and the 95 with the used Forester stuff (still on the 14" wheels/tires - the 15's gain just a little bit more)...

9095sidebysidecopy.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

20 months of driving my 2014 Subaru XV w/ 5-speed manual around and its accumulated 68,000 miles so far...

It's seen a bit of action...

Seen a lot of twisty fun mountain passes and canyon roads like these...
Q13A8Zsl.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a little bit of off-road action

if6JqrLl.jpg

lhRj8DGl.jpg

VgWpX3fl.jpg

vVIo5U8l.jpg

JJ2vCYjl.jpg

X23lLaRl.jpg

g9MGgasl.jpg

Gjtc7vUl.jpg

HzzMmkYl.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your Facebook's web link to your Video, doesn't work here, except for the ones who are already on your Friend list there; due to the restrictions established on your account. So, I kindly suggest you to upload your Videos on YouTube, and share 'em from there.

Kind Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest acquisition. Think it can be fixed?

IMG_20160526_0921514_rewind_zpswm0tjb3g.jpg

IMG_20160526_0922054_rewind_zps7hdhogq6.jpg

98 Outback limited. Not planning on fixing it though. The transmission is going into my daughters 97 outback and the leather interior will be going into my 97. The two good wheels will become full size spares for the other cars. The engine will be checked over and put up as a spare for the others. any other good parts will be pulled and saved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

spent some time over the weekend fixing up the rear hatch of the new to me 2002 Forester - this was the rustiest spot on the car...

rust%20repair%201.jpg

rust%20repair%202.jpg

rust%20repair%203.jpg

rust%20repair%204.jpg

rust%20repair%205.jpg

Will give the paint a couple of weeks to cure up good, then wet sand and polish it up. The letters will not be going back on as they were in terrible shape - the chrome plating is peeling and nasty looking.

I also had to free up the rear wiper the week before - it was seized up and wouldn't work at all... works great now, tho. :D

anyone know how best to get the washer nozzle off (above the glass)? it has some serious rust bubbles around it, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...