Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help! I broke my Loyale already!

Grrr stupid Loyale... I finished it yesterday (timing belts and water pump, wires, plugs) and it took its maiden voyage yesterday just fine. A little rough here and there (idle seemed a bit low here and there)

Today went to to get its picture taken for autotrader. Drove wonderful until I tried to floor it off the line, I swear I heard a kind of pop or something so I let off the gas a bit and it cruised just fine the 2 blocks home.

Just got home from work, tried to start it, it started up but died within a second. Now it wont start :banghead:

I have 2 people already e-mailing me about it and the printed ad comes out Thursday I need to get it back on the road!

Any ideas?

UPDATE: ----------

I looked at it today, the disty turned just fine.

So I checked to make sure it didnt jump time, one cam up, one cam down and the flywheel on the middle of the 3 marks (correct)

I tried changing the coil wire, no difference

I changed the fuel filter. no difference.

I looked for loose connections, but havnt found any loose wires. I am going to check the hoses on the back of the throttle body still.

Next up is unhooking the fuel line right before the fuel "rail" and seeing if it spurts fuel when cranked. Then I will try disconnecting the coil to see if a spark jumps from the coil to the wire (errr maybe the other way around, dont want gas AND sparks)

it'll be either 2 screws (philips) or 2 clamps. the screws should float in the cap when they're "out" so you don't need to remove them. ground the coil wire to the frame (i like to clip it onto one of the 3 bolts for the left strut) too since you'll be cranking the engine with the cap off.

yea, it'll be 2 lil screws, little screws! not the biggie bolts in there, those are for the entire disty, you just want to pull the cap, and turn the engine, in whatever manner you like (wrench on crank, or by key) to see that the rotor spins just fine. This is cuz the drivers side cam turns the disty, so if your belt is off, it won't turn.

It's 2 screws if i remember right.

But didn't you say that you drove it home. If it got you home i'm pretty sure that the dist. still turns. I'm leaning more towards a big vacuum leak my self. maybe a stuck open air control valve.