Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86? BRAT what to grab

too late to save, as the title has been sent to the state. it's doomed to the crusher... :cry:

but I can buy parts... what things should I grab? like what would help folks on this board.

if the wheels fit XTs i want them. (don't think these will clear the brakes...) either way I am taking the very nice tires.

shame... it's the same color as my XT GL.

IMAG0079-1.jpg

IMAG0078-1.jpg

the calipers on the xt may need a shave to fit those brat wheels.

salvage everything BRAT related, as the rest is mechanically identical to a wagon.

what is brat specific is the door glass, the tailgate and bed trims, the tailgate itself, the 4wd step mount on the side, and interior pieces that are in good shape are always worth keeping. keep the taillights

passenger side, look up at the grab strap cover over head, there is a plastic cover over the screw. I want that little plastic cap that covers the screw that holds strap on.....

It is probably wrong color but I can deal with that.... somehow... grab that ... and send me a text...

if I had time and $ I would take all I could that isn't cracked.. but that is kind of a pain to sell but you could make some $ with that....

well guys I wasn't trying to sell things in this thread.

I will rush out and get suggestions from the car.

but expect that I will pull stuff and make a thread for stuff.

I was asking this more as "I may have to rush over there and grab stuff kind of thing."

list things that are hard to find, or worth shipping because I have no clue what to get.

so far I see that I need to get lights corners grill tailgate side step, etc.

there are no t-tops. it's hard topped.

take everything brat related as stated.....fun roofs,lights,side steps,bumpers,doors if the bottoms are not rotted,

you could profit like $20 and ship this stuff all over:banghead:,deal with endless emails,send pictures to people who want it parts for $2.. oh the fun you will have:brow:

Strip it clean of everything that's not damaged, or majorly rusted (Internally and Externally). Even if you can't use it on your vehicles, you can sell to someone with a Gen 2 Brat, and make money. Or trade for stuff that will work with your vehicles.

FYI, I would not put those wheels on the XT. :mad: The XT has some better looking wheels, and if you wanted (IMO) the best looking ones, I'd suggest trying to make it a 5-lug, so that the XT6 rims would fit on it.

Strip it clean of everything that's not damaged, or majorly rusted (Internally and Externally). Even if you can't use it on your vehicles, you can sell to someone with a Gen 2 Brat, and make money. Or trade for stuff that will work with your vehicles.

FYI, I would not put those wheels on the XT. :mad: The XT has some better looking wheels, and if you wanted (IMO) the best looking ones, I'd suggest trying to make it a 5-lug, so that the XT6 rims would fit on it.

I've decided to just use the tires.

Most of what I am getting off it is pulled and spoken for.

Seeing these kind of posts makes me ill.

I can get titles to junky ones, to save the good ones like this.

find out how much for the entire car as it sits, no title needed.

What he is sayin is that it makes him (as well as me) ill to see such a good lookin car being crushed. If i were you id buy the entire car