Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1978 subaru wagon

i have a beat up old car. i have put a lot of time and parts into. new radiator was first when i picked it up for 300$ and limped it home. new ball joints and a cv joint on pass. found an oil pump online. replaced gaskets. changed the carborator.i replaced the rotors,calipers, em brake cable,master cylinder, and some lines. it still needs some wiring of the fuel pump( for some reason it works with a switch instead of the ignition),never the less , it runs like its begging you to ralley it around . now, its down to the rusty , banged up body , and paint job . the front drivers side(front fender, headlight, and turnsignal) has been hit as well as the rear(rear tail light) from being parked on the street last year during a seattle snow storm. sadly , it was not insured. now i am thinking i will sell the whole car in hopes i can pass it on to stay alive and not be parted out. she would really appreciate a good home.. cheers

i will be posting pics this week. i am not sure of how much i would be willing to sell this car for. i have had it for nearly 8 years and have always had high hopes of restoring it. now, i think its just too much for me to accomplish and maybe someone else is waiting for this opportunity. i know its a rare car now and the reason i bought it was because it is awesome looking and unique. maybe i could keep it if i invested some more time and money. i know i will not get back all the money and time i put into it, but i really have no idea of its worth to anyone else. unless they share a love for this car as i do. i really just don't want it to die and put into a junk yard. it still runs top notch.