Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Definitive EA82 Rear Parking Brake Thread

Cyfun

Your rotors and pads have to match your caliper brackets....

Right. But the legacy calipers don't fit and Legacy rotors don't fit. The xt6 calipers don't have an ebrake lever. I'm told that the nissan caliper is almost identical to the xt6 caliper but with the ebrake lever.

So I just need to know if I need to buy xt6 rotors or nissan rotors.

And same question for the pads.

Your homework is not over. USRM + Search

I realize that my homework on here is NEVER done.. There's always more to learn. Especially since I'm not a mechanic and don't really have much mechanic background. I have spent well over 100 hours just in the last 3 weeks just on this site, searching, comparing, learning and asking questions to things I can't find. Many sleepless nights... Several days I watched the sun go down while researching and then come back up before I had even left my seat. And not just this site, there are many Subaru forums on the web. Out of all the brake threads I've found, none of them talk about which pads or rotors to use, just the calipers. Just think it would be nice to get a straight answer once and a while. Instead of searching and searching and searching and searching, then finally deciding to ask for help and getting the answer of "keep searching".

Once again, Thank you Turbone! I really appreciate it!

Use XT6 rotors. XT6 pads will work also.

• 2 months later...
... just on this site, searching, comparing, learning and asking questions to things I can't find. Many sleepless nights... Several days I watched the sun go down while researching and then come back up before I had even left my seat. ...

Same Here... You cannot imagine How much I've researched all these years... I Always do the Search thing before asking Questions and I Ask only if something isn't clear enough.

Now I'm in the Same Boat of doing a "Definitive EA82 Rear Parking Brake" as this Thread's Title says, so I want to Thank you all for the Ideas given here.

Kind Regards.