Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Miles Fox's SecretMobile

I just got into a new to me subaru. It was offered to me for a great price by a guy who had hired me several times to work on it. Someone on this message board may be familiar with (or may have owned) this particular car.

Can you guess? I will drop a hint for every correct guess. First clue is the fact i am posting in the older gen subaru forum.

Second clue is that this car has been registered in several states.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Is/was it a promotional vehicle?

Or perhaps a bizarre creation from your parts stash, a Subaru homage to Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time"? :clap:

Not one of my creations. But it does have the engine from my former 87 rx/87gl-10, which the bottom end was originally a 87 carb motor from this photo.

roneeceriver1.jpg

I was hired to work on it, which the first time was over the sale of my engine to him for me to install.

It was a promotional vehicle, as i was told.

Delta cams, ea82t, ford intercooler, spider intake, twe header, vf11 turbo, 5 lugs, xt6 interior.

It was first registered to subaru of america as a promotional vehicle in 1987

there is more history to this car than i know of, so there are things i need to find out about it as well.

It was offered to me for 500 bucks

so all the anmswers are there to guess what it is....

Well, the Description fits on that "Monster Wedge".

"Miles Fox's SecretMobile" sounds like a cartoon.

I just get an image of a secret agent fox riding in a very stylized 80s subaru.

Well... Subaru already did a Special car for a Japanese TV Series, known as the Subaru "Tortoise" (French for Turtle) I've posted it in the "Strange & Weird Subaru Stuff" Thread:

10018io1.jpg

SambarTurismo.jpg

But Sure it isn't that... :lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: To avoid Hijack the Thread, I'll answer the Below posted question, here:

Here's a Link to the Video, the Tortoise shows in the Minute 16:36

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20523201hzK2atyR?h1=Kaiki+daisakusen.No.2

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

If i were a secret agent cartoon, i would be "Jim Bond0.7" and have moves like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker and Saturday Night Fever. Think of Inspector Gadget's car as a 3-door coupe with a trashwagon paint job.

You are correct, this is the fabled 'monsterwedge'

The car was offered to me as it was the best resort to keep it alive, versus sell it to some riccer kid who would blow it up in a week.

It does have its issues. Although mechanically complete and intact, it needs work figureds out between the TPS sensor, missing knock sensor, and the combination of a manual boost control, shortened wastegate arm, and volvo recirc valve combo's with a ford intercooler.

My plan is to go over the FSM and try to find a correct TPS, or possibly retrofit an XT^ throttle body, and replace the intercooler with one from a WRX that would be a more direct fit(which wasnt abvailable in the USA at the time this car was built.

IT supposedly has a dual range RX trans, but no selector lever. It does have the diff lock, but it wil blow fuses when the button is pressed.

This car has had some elecrical gremlins with the alternator not charging, and the dgi-dash going blank.

The rest of this car as a project is the test of my electrical skills and abilities to make it run and function correctly.

I was told it used to run 14's on the quarter mile with its current setup.

It's nice to have a project car that i didn't have to build, but could have. It would have taken all my 12+ years and 40+ subarus to accumulate the parts to build such an example. Although i had a hand in installing the suspension, and i had the motor out twice, swap the first time, clutch the 2nd time.

If any of you oldschool members have some history on this car, i would like to know about its past history.