Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UPDATE 2/12/2012 NOS fiberglass front fender available.

If anyone recieves these fenders please post a pic and how long it took to recieve them. This deal keeps getting more and more sketchy. I would love a set but I was almost scammed by a seller from "England" a few years back whos pay pal account was "screwed up" so buyers beware.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds sketchy for sure, but will wait for further info.

Most people take paypal, only reason to not have paypal is if your account got suspended due to non shipment, too many violations.

Paypal is like ebay, if you have good standings you have a account.

WHY can't this person have paypal? probably a reason, either normal or bad, but I would be waiting to see...

if legit, I will buy a set of these go have hangin around the garage, who know when the next rusty hunk comes up needing some.

But, RED flag of caution when no paypal.......unless he is a "old school" guy and i would see that.

I'm still in. I could use these on my hatch.

Hi Guys

Ok sorry if I have contributed to any confusion over supply of new fibreglass fenders.

To clarify I have just commissioned here in the UK a pair of Moulds to produce what we call MK 2 Brat wings - I believe that you would have had this car from 82- 87 and was the last model Brat you had in the states. Of course the wings / fenders will fit the sedan / hatch / wagon variants too.

I will post up images to further clarify later today along with contact details.

These pattern GRP wings are now out of the mould and the fit and finish are superb. I also will produce (from a genuine new Subaru tailgate) one of these moulds too in the next month.

More info to follow in next 24 hrs.

Thanks

Giles.

Ok - here are images of the first out of the mould BRAT 82-87 RHS fender. I have collected the LHS fender (first off) and will be fitting this later today - pic's of that to follow.

To clarify, I personally do have paypal (and a 100% feedback on ebay -1111giles) However dependant on interest levels for the fenders - and the tailgate which is the next up, I may import items into the US via a US based distributor.

For further information you can contact me directly on this email samsonengineeringlimited@yahoo.co.uk

These fenders will be sold through my company.

This vehicle in the UK was sold 82/3 to 94. for your interest.

Pics.....

2012-01-10_15-58-12_561.jpg

2012-01-11_13-31-05_39.jpg

2012-01-11_13-40-48_350.jpg

2012-01-11_13-40-56_315.jpg

2012-01-10_16-36-30_476.jpg

Trust this helps you understand what I have here !

The side indicator in UK / Australia is fender mounted - for you folks in the States yours is in the bumper side - so you would simply need to fill over the mounting to revert your fenders to US spec. (oddly these were actually patterned from a pair of US spec fenders I bought - we had a real fiddly job to make the UK spec indicator / turn impression fit the otherwise flat mould !)

Cheers

Giles.:banana:

More images in next post !

Edited by 1111giles

Last image for now - please note the consistant fit line fender / hood - more images in the previous 2 posts so backtrack to see them !!!

(In the UK we would call that wing / bonnet :brow:)

Please note that I simply placed the fender onto the car - I spent no time whatsoever 'fitting' for a good fit I simply lightly screwed them down - so I am 100% confident in what we have produced will be as close as possible to original fit as it can be -:banana:

2012-01-11_13-32-50_508.jpg

The model car is a rare quad lamp GLF-5 Sedan which will be sold when I have finished with it. I will liberate the slam panel and fittings needed to convert my also very very rare GLF Hatch.

Most MY series cars that came to the UK were single headlamp vehicles so a quad lamp set up is very much sought after !:burnout:

Cheers

Giles

**More images in the previous 2 posts so back track if you want to see them ! :headbang:

Oh and here are Images 2 of my collection of 4 Subies ! (the other 2 are a MY2012 Outback Diesel and a MY2002 Forester)

Oh and the funny looking guy on the Beta Trials Bike is me !

2011-08-14_16-16-33_871.jpg

Hatchy - awaiting full restroration.

2011-05-27_10-18-57_964.jpg

Edited by 1111giles
more images added :)

OK....enough!....if you don't want the fenders, or you don't feel comfortable, SIMPLY don't get them!!! Easy..OK? You are not buying a car! I will take the risk...he is packing mine now.

This guy is old school. I have talked to him at length. I have his cell and his personal home phone #. I have his complete name and he is listed in the city where is says he is. Quite frankly, who the heck wants to pay PAYPAL'S fees all the time.....I can tell you I DON'T. I will always prefer a check or MO over freakin PAYPAL when I'm selling!

However, I will ask him again about that option. SO CHILL!

***** Now... 111GILES*****

This posting is about GENERATION 1 Fenders. (70s) Your product has nothing to do with this thread. As a moderator, please consider posting where your audience is. Classifieds, or Older Generation 80s. It is confusing and not related. I'm sure that the 80s owners would LOVE to hear from you. BTW your fenders look really nice! If you do make GEN 1 parts please let us know!

Thank You

Edited by SUBARU3

***** Now... 111GILES*****

This posting is about GENERATION 1 Fenders. (70s) Your product has nothing to do with this thread. As a moderator, please consider posting where your audience is. Classifieds, or Older Generation 80s. It is confusing and not related. I'm sure that the 80s owners would LOVE to hear from you. BTW your fenders look really nice! If you do make GEN 1 parts please let us know!

Thank You

Thanks Subaru3 - I appreciate your comments. I had / have no intention to confuse this thread (as I clearly stated earlier) and back reading now I realise its about MK1 stuff.

As a moderator do you have the ability to move my posted info to a more appropiate thread ? (I could create one in my name for it to transfer to perhaps??) I am happy for you to do that for me if possible - but please send me a link so I can add to it.

I am a joint site owner for http://www.mvbrumbybrat.co.uk and can alter / amend etc on our site here - My aim is simply to help fellow Subieholics ! :drunk:

I was originally sent a link to this particular thread by one of your members (who is a friend of mine)- and simply posted on it assuming that it was for news on replacement panels and such like.

Thanks for the kind comments on the fenders we have produced - but unfortunatley we only have - we believe only 3 road worthy MK1's left in the UK in total so there would be no mileage in me making parts for Mk1's.

I could make for export only if a new pattern was made available though.

Thanks !

Giles

Talked to George today. He is trying to get some large boxes for shipping. (ie bicycle boxes) He is also moving ALL his body parts out of storage and says he may have other items we might be interested in too. (He used to be in the body parts business).

He is really a nice guy to talk to. He said it's fine to give out his phone #s.......so if you want to give him a call here ya go.

412-973-2979

412-853-8617

So far he only has a handful of orders he says. Please call, or email him if you are interested.

Todd

Likewise here .....the communication the other day is he's looking for bicycle boxes. It's not the season for those, so they are difficult to locate.

I doubt the fenders will get away from us.

If anyone has some good ideas on shipping these......give him a call.

Of course you could call a shipping store. They could pick-up/pack and ship.

Todd

Car dealers get large boxes for fenders all the time. I also get free packing bubble sheets by the extra large garbage bag full for free. Hope your local can help out , or his. I will get my set plus one ordered sometime in the next month or so.

I emailed him this idea....thanks Paul!

Todd

Please read George's email, (below) to me today and follow-up as appropriate.

Todd

Todd, I got 4 boxes today from the local Schwinn Bike Shop...I also took the box to the local shipping depot and he gave me a price to ship at $214.00. ....I almost died! I am going to call UPS direct to see what they would charge to ship them to your address and also to the other people that you referred to me. I also want to check with Greyhound Package Express to see what their price would be...is there a Greyhound Bus Terminal close to you? Please advise....also please advise the other guys that I will need the exact address, and phone number for them to let them know the details. Thanks...George A. Welsh 412-853-8617 or 412-973-2979

I remember we used to send out empty boxes with return tags. Just need to know the weight for the return trip. Call Fed Ex if you are curious about that.

You are right sir. (you have to have a FedEX account). I gave him that option for me.

Does anyone have shipping options that are reasonable?

The package is 50 pounds (2 fenders) 31 w x 9 d x 54 h

Fedex home delivery 2-3 day is nearly $130 from Pittsburgh to Dallas.

:slobber::slobber::slobber:

George is getting ready to ship!

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming you have a Paypal account. Goto http://www.paypal.com/shipnow and check the rates for USPS Parcel Post. For me to ship a "very large" 50 pound package from my Portland, OR address to Baltimore, MD (just to get an idea of worse case scenario), was $100 dollars. A "large package" was $54.00. You cannot go through usps.com to ship Parcel Post, you'd have to use Paypal shipping or physically buy postage at the post office. Hope that helps. I ship all the time and yes, domestic shipping rates are getting atrocious.

Definitions of package sizes:

Large Package - A Large Package is a parcel where the length + girth is over 84" and less than or equal to 108". Length is the longest side of a package. Girth is the distance if you wrapped a string around the 2 smaller sides of a package.

Very Large Package - A Very Large Package is a parcel where the length + girth is over 108" and less than or equal to 130". Length is the longest side of a package. Girth is the distance if you wrapped a string around the 2 smaller sides of a package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want one , absolutely sure of that , but I have to make sure which side I need. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll get another set of two on top of that as long as shipping doesn't go crazy.

I saw his Craigslist post and its expired now.

• 2 weeks later...

I stand corrected....they are $40 each plus shipping.

He has me quoted for 4 fenders from Pittsburg to Dallas @ 91 pounds for $105 via Greyhound.

I have decided after finding my NOS spare steel set, that I really don't need any more fenders. I tend to collect FAR more than I will ever use! :banghead: However, these are GREAT for somone that needs good fenders.

Please post if you get some of these! And hurry before this find disapears.

Thanks, Todd