Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are you 100% Hard Core SUBARU?

I am.

If its not a SUBARU, its inferior.

You have the oppertunity to drive an EVO, but would rather ride in an STi.

You would never own anything other than a SUBARU, and would never drive anything other than a SUBARU (exception: if your job calls for you to drive a non-subaru, which is my case....oh well).

If an event involves a SUBARU, you are there.

You watch SPEED just to see the SUBARU commercials.

If a race doesnt have a SUBARU in it, you dont watch it.

You want to be Petter Solberg....EVERY corner. And Tommi Makenin, Colin McRae, Toshi, Carlos, Mikko, Markko, Richard, Juha....ofcourse, when they were/are driving for SUBARU. Espcially Possum Bourne...RIP 'o' Great Rally Driver....

You have dreams of Driving/Owning Possum's Leone RX/II....

I guess I'm out of place :(

I love my Toyota. And my 92 Saab would beat the pants off of any stock 92 USDM soob.. and look better/handle better getting there..

But for price and ease of repair.. you can't beat a soob:D

I am 28 and have owned over 60 cars ranging from 1937 to 2000.. Theres a lot to be said for a lot of other cars.

Me, I'm 100% hardcore Toyota presently (technically, 100% hardcore 1987-1991 Toyota Camry 4-cyl station wagons...EIGHT of them between my friends and I), but all this Soob business is rubbing off.

Miles Fox documentary starts shooting tomorrow.

I might be in a Soob of my own by the end of it....

-Tim Hansen

YEH OH YEH, could not agree more. its a bit of an addiction this Scooby thang. I am very very lucky, cos my "partners" son has his own business, importing Japanese sports cars to Scotland, UK. I have seen them all now, and been in most too. Colin Mcrae is a near neighbour too.

He, the girlfriends son, whilst loving scoobys , does not quite agree with the rest of us. He drives a 760 BHP Nissan Skyline, and his pal drives the fastest STi Impreza in this country.

I still think that the Scoobs are the best lookin, when they are all dressed up in their fancy skirts and mean lookin intercooler grills etc. I was tryin to post a link to his website, but for some reason it does not seem to be available today.

For the future , check out powervehicles.co.uk and Japanese Vehicle Sourcing to see some beautiful Scoobs and other monsters.

I still loved my old DL dual range the best, it could go anywhere.

I would oun nothing but Subarus IF they made a rig that had room for 8, and a tow rating of 6000# or better. ( I have wife and 5 kids, a boat& travel trailer)

But the closest I think I could get would be a WRX powerd Vanigen. (VW)

Originally posted by newsance

I think blind brand loyalty is a symptom of ignorance.

Who ever said it was blind? I've owned, driven, and maintained lots of different cars. So far Subaru is at the top by a fair ammount in a lot of places. That's not to say that all other cars are bad. I stand strongly by FORD for their full size trucks and vans, and Honda for building cheap cars that go fast, handle weel, and get good gas mileage.

Keith

As of right now, I am 100% hardcore Subaru. I own nothing but them. And I will definitely own more of them.

But alas, I wouldn't mind taking up other projects. I want a 91 Sentra SE-R. Those cars are so much fun. With the drift scene as rampant as it is now, I'm surprised no one has attempted a JDM sedan swap, like an old Toyota Cressida with a 7MGTE or sumthin ;) Working at a Toyota dealer like I do :rolleyes: I would enjoy doing something like that.

But no matter what other cars I end up owning, Scoobs will still be my favorite. I have yet to have found a more perfect car.

I'll be honest i love subaru's, but the car wouldn't have its appeal if it wasn't for the board and the community we have. i'd say that 50% of the experience is the car and 50% is the people, without the board this would just be another car, albeit one that could go anywhere and do anything and do it cheaply and look good doing it.

wish I could afford to be 100% hardcore subaru.

honestly i need a reliable car with a warrenty to get me to work and back consistantly. I cant afford a new subaru. I cant afford to miss work from a borken down old subaru (did that for YEARS).

it's a great hobby but I guess I'm not 100% hard core subaru :(

Originally posted by subyluvr2212

I want a 91 Sentra SE-R. Those cars are so much fun. With the drift scene as rampant as it is now, I'm surprised no one has attempted a JDM sedan swap

first off

<--- PRO drifter..

second off..

why would you wanna do a swap to a sedan that can be converted to RWD so easily its not funny..

my RX (rwd) drifts ALMOST as well as my full tein suspensioned, poly bushing, fat stabilizer, 2.5 degree negative camber 300zx..

its all about the weight, and of course the tiny 13" tires :)

And i hope you dont consider pulling the e-brake in a sentra drifting.. :drunk:

Originally posted by WJM

If its not a SUBARU, its inferior.

You would never own anything other than a SUBARU, and would never drive anything other than a SUBARU

If an event involves a SUBARU, you are there.

You watch SPEED just to see the SUBARU commercials.

If I race doesnt have a SUBARU in it, you dont watch it.

You want to be Petter Solberg....EVERY corner.

You mean like why I cringe at the newspapers 2WD Mazdas and I thank my stars that I drive my own car for work?

You mean why I've only owned 3 cars in my life... an 88GL, 93Legacy and an 03Forester?

Why my attention turns for every commercial for Subaru, whether Armstrong is in it or not?

Why I would like to ride with/kiss Petter Solberg? (What could be better? A Norwegian, an accent, money, A SUBARU!)

hey Amanda, i'm 1/4 norweigan, i drive a subaru, and i can fake an accent pretty good if everyone involved is drunk. how's 3 out of 4 sound for you?

Originally posted by newsance

I think blind brand loyalty is a symptom of ignorance.

hm, i can sympathize somewhat.. i feel more that it's an adopted attitude rather than ignorance. it's definitely more intuitive and not strictly factual; many specific types of cars have similar followings.. who out of anyone has driven them all? .. kind of reminds me of how i feel about religion (that's another can of worms!).

I've been less and less into cars in general lately. possibly because driving pizza for 3 years makes me passionately hate every car problem I have (d@mn turbos! :D ) but "possibly" also because my attitudes about things like the environment, overpopulation, capitalism, politics, mass transit, and automotive design in general, have gone that way. thankfully i have a new job lined up by May :headbang:

Plus, I have other hobbies and interests I've not explored yet, and cars take a lot of freakin' time and money!

I also can't help but think that, as an owner of only older subarus, I give FHI no reason to care what I think until I have $25k in my pocket and want to turn it into a subaru. I also haven't gotten a check from SOA's advertising department since about never. I'm not slamming anyone. Keep in mind that when I buy clothes I either make sure they have no logos or labels, or I'll consider how easy it would be to remove the logo or labels with an X-acto knife when I get home. Yes, I realize that such criteria are a little out of the average and that I'm a geek. :) If/when I ever find my self painting a subaru, I will even remove the badges and such on the tailgate and fenders.

If I had to take a position, I'd say AWD or nothing. That leaves you in the company of Audi and Volvo, on a quality level. Fine by me; I think they're just as good but more expensive!

Im down with subarus because they make me think about what I am doing when I push the cars' limits,and I havent found a car that can do what this thing can any where else.The F350 is too hard on the wallet and parts list cause its too easy to overdrive.

Plus I like the glares from soccer moms as I blaze past them in their MB suvs going up into the mountains.Pulling other cars and trucks out of snowbanks with a station wagon is pretty amusing as well!:burnout: