Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 front leveling options.

I realize these lifting q's are asked like daily on here. Ive done some pretty extensive searching and Im not really satisfied with what Ive found. SJR offers a 2" lift kit for the EA81 but the description didnt help me and there is no pic (anyone running this?). I dont want to run bigger tires I just want the front up with the rear. Obviously this wont help w/clearance just improve tho look a little. Yes Ive tried adjusting the struts, it sucks. Ive also dropped the rear down still have a pretty nice rake. I want to lift the sub-frame and c-member like 1.5-2".

Any one DIY a leveling kit that doesnt ruin tires and fry axles?

just lift the front struts like 1 or 2 inches.

it will work very well. i had my friend sube101

make me a custom lift. 2 in rear, 2.5 in front.

havent got it in yet but i expect it to be total gravy.

but yea....

dont count on JUST adjusting the struts. better to

use lift blocks, man.....

not really worth wearing out CVs just to change the

posture of the body.

Well... I had my BumbleBeast very tall in the rear (since the Suspension swap I did, more info here) and that really Unbalanced the overall Driving performance, also it was dangerous under emergency situations...

Mine is EA82 but the SJR 2" Lift kit (For the Front only) resolved the problem at all, while made the Body to be Equal in both ends.

So I kindly suggest to use a Lift kit including the Engine crossmember drop blocks, to keep the axles as straight as possible or you'll Kill the axles 10X faster.

Kind Regards.

Thank you for the replies I think Im going to P.M. Scott for details on the 2" kit. I did some snooping, and Im impressed with the way he made the strut spacers for his 4" kit. Im not excited about extending the steering shaft though Is everyone just cutting the shaft and welding in a piece of pipe?

Thank you for the replies I think Im going to P.M. Scott for details on the 2" kit. I did some snooping, and Im impressed with the way he made the strut spacers for his 4" kit. Im not excited about extending the steering shaft though Is everyone just cutting the shaft and welding in a piece of pipe?

If it becomes an issue where it isn't worth his time to make just one, I would be interested in having a 2" front lift made as well.

Whadaya say Scott?

Dan