Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 springs on ej knuckles?

86hatchback

I'm doing the five light swap on my hatch and wondering if it's bad to put the ea81t springs on legacy struts with the turbo tophat? I know most guys are running coilovers, but I have these springs.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Those springs won't fit those struts. Sell them. EA81T springs are a decent upgrade for a street-going Brat/Hatch. You shouldn't have any problems finding a buyer.

Jacob

So is there as factory spring that will fit the legacy strut and fit up in the ea81 strut tower? Or is cheap ebay coilovers my option till I can afford good springs?

I'm not totally sure yet. It looks like STI springs will fit with either a small spacer or by hitting the outside edge of the tower with a hammer. I'm not sure which route I want to go, though.

Jacob

yeah I'd like to do coil overs when the budget will allow. How much do you have into your set up? I'm probably just going to buy cheap coilovers for the stock struts or go Sentra strut combo since the springs are pretty close to the ea81 size. Measured it in the car in a junkyard so it wasn't very scientific.