Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ head gasket walk through. Interest?

I've been toying with the idea of doing a walk through on the EJ25s for awhile and was wondering if there is any want for something like that? Would it be a good addition to the USRM? Since I do at least one a week at work, I was thinking about documenting them with pictures and post up a full write up on them, along with parts that are used.

Jus a thought.....

I believe the best I'd found was the "skipnospam" link back in the day.

Combined with always getting the latest HG torque seguence from the dealer (actually the whole HG replacement procedure) just incase it changed.

I'm unaware of one for the 2.2 swap so that would be nice.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a walk through on the EJ25s for awhile and was wondering if there is any want for something like that? Would it be a good addition to the USRM? Since I do at least one a week at work, I was thinking about documenting them with pictures and post up a full write up on them, along with parts that are used.

Jus a thought.....

I'd really appreciate it if you can gather the pics/procedures and post it here. I have a 96 2.5. It still has the factory HGs, sooner or later I'll need to replace them. Once you post it, I'll copy/paste it to my hard drive and save it.

• 11 months later...

A nice writeup with torque specs and procedures would be cool. Tips and tricks. Things like knowing that you should torque the water pump bolts twice, not compressing the tensioner too fast, how to hang the timing belt, etc would be good tips for beginners.

Also that 2.5 SOHC engines have a timing belt tooth count +3 on both sides of what the FSM says, that really boggled me the first time I did a 2.5 sohc.

i do two 2.5 headgasket jobs a week never ending for the rest of my life at least i will always have work. I could show some pics of the head surfacer in action is neat to see when i surface the blocks how bad they realy are. A'm working on jiging it up to surface a assembled short block strait off the car will try on the 2.5d engine i do on thursday