Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 subaru loyale bad engine???

i have a 1993 Loyale Sedan FWD with 140,000 on it and i think its got a bad #1 cylinder because when u pull plug wire off it makes no dif in the way the car runs. its shooting oil up thru the intake and out the mass airflow area, tremendous blow by, but yet the dang car will run still, and sometimes it runs like a mofo, did i mention it smokes horribly.. i recently had a problem with the throttle body to intake gasket that seals the water in the deicer portion of the throttle body, the gasket blew and dumped water in the oil, luckly i caught it right as it happend, maybe 5 to 10min elapsed, time enough to try to drive it out of the garage, and realize something wasnt right and then back in.. could it be thats potentially what caused the #1 cylinder failure?? i'm open to ideas and suggestions... :clap:BTW i got a 900$ 1992 Loyale wagon 4wd to replace the dead 1993 for the time being, WHAT A BARGIN!!!!!:clap:

well sad to say i've already done the pcv system on it and it worked for about 20 or 30min then boom back to smoking and feeding off its self again.. its had a fresh tune up with everything... i don't know if i mentioned but awhile back i had a small instance with antifreeze and oil but it was quickly corrected.