Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my BRAT WRX project

subyrally

there isnt much to show here yet. i will be updating this thread as i go. i figured i should go ahead and start this thread so that i could document the progress on the project.

so far, the progress ive made recently, not much, lol.

to date, i have repaired the floor pans and rockers.

this last weekend, i finally got the ea81 out of it as well as most of the wiring harness and just about everything else under the hood.

next step is to pull the drivetrain and interior out. i think, lol.

Edited by subyrally

• 7 months later...

well, i know i have been lazy lately, but this weekend, i finished stripping the interior and under the hood. the next step is the transmission and drive line. i am hoping that i can get a little done each night after work. after the drivetrain is out, i can get to the gas tank and i think that should do it for the teardown. the next part will be fabrication, or at least, figuring out how to get everything from the wrx to fit.

i am talking with a friend of mine that is a machinist about getting some custom front and rear control arms so that i can use the impreza brakes and suspension bits i have for the car. i figure if we can make the parts from high strength aluminum, it will save some weight and still be as strong if not stronger than the stock parts.

sorry i dont have any pics to post up yet, i might snap some tonight if i can. not really much to look at though, just a bunch of random parts and whatnot being stored in the brat until they are installed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

still trying to work on this, i have done a little more to it, but lately, i have been side tracked with trying to buy a house. i need to get out of my mom's basement, lol. i am looking at a house that has two work shops and a garage on the property, but it might be hard to get it right now due to my agent screwing me over last week. needless to say, if she ever calls me back, i am telling her that our agreement is terminated and she is fired as my agent. i am going to talk to the owner of the property about working something out since he pulled it from the market last week to do work on the house.

i havent been ignoring the project though. i have been tracking down parts that i need to get it put together. if i get the house i want, i will be able to get more work done on the car since i wont have to have good weather to work on it, lol.