Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new roo?

5I35G95Ma3F53L13J3c1i028f7c1033ea19df.jpg[/img]

82 glf 5 speed fwd :clap:

Still talkin with the guy that owns it trying to agree on a price. If he comes down on it a bit I'm gonna own it.

Tranny good, clutch has been replaced. Interior needs work. Glass is perfect as well as the dash. Moonroof operable and doesn't leak. Steering good. Shifter is perfect. Gauges all work.

Edited by Turbone
more info

Nice find. FWD will get you some badass fuel economy. My mom had an 82 FWD hatchie brand-new, and it would get 42mpg highway.

You gonna keep it stock or swap in some 4x4 gear or another engine? Would make for a good sleeper with an STi swap.

Edited by Cyfun

I'll probably leave it the way it is. I talked to the guy yesterday, he told me that the top of the back seat has rips in it. The same goes for the driver front. All glass, dash, and console all in great shape. Still hasn't given me a price. I have an idea of where its gonna be though(around $500)

Alright here's the problem. I found a 91 legacy today. I can get it for $550. 4x4 works off and on. I don't know which to get into. The glf or the legacy.

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g451/91subaru/legacy/

The problem with this is, you might have a Duty-C/Clutch pack failure in that Legacy, which means you need to disassemble the tail housing of the trans to fix.

The GLF is a better vehicle, EA81, and a simple trans. GL FTW!

Well from what ive read on this post, I'm not even considering the legacy. I havent spoken with the glf seller since early Friday but so far we haven't met on a price. I can't wait to get it! When I do get it, it will be time to start tearing down the loyale for the 2.2 and 5 speed d/r swap. Oh and moving from a two inch lift to a four Inch. Should be an interesting time.:slobber:

• 3 weeks later...

Welp 45 emails later....

Still no glf. The car is in one place the guy lives at another. He says it runs but needs carb work. I work with a guyvwho is heavy into volkswagon. He said if i get an adapter plate he has a weber carb. Im not sure the guy is ready to let go of the glf. I cant wait to get this thing.....:banghead:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Well things got difficult for awhile. Guy still has the car but once again is slackin on a definate answer. Refresher... car is an 82 glf 1.8 5 speed. Guy says it doesnt run. Needs a carb rebuild. He says exterior and interior (obvious) need work. Good glass, new tires, clean and clear title, current black tag. Anyway here are some pics

1336706197185.jpg

1336706198272.jpg

1336706195864.jpg

1336706195253.jpg

1336794636941.jpg

1336794645044.jpg

1336794644399.jpg

1336794643864.jpg

1336794643598.jpg

I would love to get this on the road.

I've been on the case of a friend of mine for the last 10 years to get his grandma's old glf, 81 auto, around 25k original miles, off him. It's just sitting there slowly rusting and it freakin kills me every time I go to his place.

Ha! I dont think i could hold out that long. I know where a good lookin mid 80's brat sits. Hasnt been tagged since 06. Belongs to the janitor at my old highschool. Ive tried to get into it from when i was a freshman. Ive been out of school for 12 years.( im a youngster) Hopefully i cant get into this glf in less than 10:grin:

Ha! I dont think i could hold out that long. I know where a good lookin mid 80's brat sits. Hasnt been tagged since 06. Belongs to the janitor at my old highschool. Ive tried to get into it from when i was a freshman. Ive been out of school for 12 years.( im a youngster) Hopefully i cant get into this glf in less than 10:grin:

If it were a brat he had I would have already drugged him and made in sign the title years ago lol. At this point the coupe needs a drivers side rocker panel, carb rebuild, a complete interior restoration, and probably a hood/fenders as they haven't had paint on them since 06/07 from years in the sun.

Good luck with yours, and you can't really call yourself a youngster with me, I've still got 2 full weeks till I hit 30 :-\

The car has been sitting for several years.

>The car hasn't been started for several years.

>The car developed a fuel leak on the engine.*** A Subaru dealer/repair told me over the phone was probably "accelerator pump" but may need carb replacement.

>Moon roof doesn't leak to my knowledge.

>Body and interior both need work; headliner is very good, seats need repair; this is a "rebuidable" and "restorable" classic.

>Being sold "as is".

>I have title and car is "blacktagged" and current.

Newest email from the fellow with glf. Im gonna ask about price next. The car is atleast an hour and a half from me. Anything else i should be askin about?