Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ionized air added to fuel mix

gmdagit

So this weekend I wanted to water proof the disy, it has a vent in the cap, So among other things I removed the vent cap and added a section of hose. I ran the hose over to the snorkel and plugged it in to a nipple I added to the snorkel.

Long story short I got the idea from a street racing forum. they claim that the ionized air helps to create a better fuel burn.

I have the EA81 with the weber 32/36 and the accel coil that fires around 45k, I know it may sound odd, but it seems to have had an impact on how the engine run, most noticeable above about 4200 rpms.

Just wanted to get some feed back as to what others may thing about the ionized air and fuel mixtures.

Your not really ionizing air, you are making some ozone though. YOu need much bigger surface plates to really ionize the air. Keep in mind that ionized air which makes ozone really aint good for those lungs.

Technically as soon as the ionized air comes near metal it looses its charge (can you say lightening).

I agree that the other stuff you did probably had a better effect.

Also ionized air (spark) and an air/fuel mix, well, thats the boom of an internal combustion engine. Could make life a little exciting.