Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ARB locker for r180 diff!

Gloyale

Hey guys, just got an email from ARB.

They are now making an air locker to fit the Nissan R180 diffs.

Now, these are for front diffs in newer Pathfinders, Xterras, and Frontiers, but that's a start.

Bad news, price.......almost $1100 bucks.

Hey guys, just got an email from ARB.

They are now making an air locker to fit the Nissan R180 diffs.

Now, these are for front diffs in newer Pathfinders, Xterras, and Frontiers, but that's a start.

Bad news, price.......almost $1100 bucks.

That's pretty normal for an ARB. I'm surprised it's not more

I was looking into this at one point for the R200 which was used in the front of many Nissan 4x4s. I had a buddy of mine at the local Off Road Warehouse call ARB USA and they make a locker for the R200 but my question was will it work for the R200 rear diffs out of the Z cars. They said if its an R200 then it will. Not difinetive but I agree that its just the carrier so it should work. It would be nice to have someone at ARB say "YEP" to be 1000% sure before someone shells out $1100 or more. Either way I just have to say FINALLY :clap:

I was looking into this at one point for the R200 which was used in the front of many Nissan 4x4s. I had a buddy of mine at the local Off Road Warehouse call ARB USA and they make a locker for the R200 but my question was will it work for the R200 rear diffs out of the Z cars. They said if its an R200 then it will. Not difinetive but I agree that its just the carrier so it should work. It would be nice to have someone at ARB say "YEP" to be 1000% sure before someone shells out $1100 or more. Either way I just have to say FINALLY :clap:

Actually they had them on the market about 14 yrs ago, and had no Domestic market for them.

This is pretty cool, and at a pretty good price.

cheers

Actually they had them on the market about 14 yrs ago, and had no Domestic market for them.

This is pretty cool, and at a pretty good price.

cheers

Cool. Glad they are bringing them back.

I put a call into ARB US today and they said they have been getting a bunch of inquiries about fitment into a rear r180. They wont have them in the States til mid March and when they do arrive the tech department is going to check fitment in a rear r180. Ill give them another call in about a month.

Subaru's use R160's except for STi's which use the R180's

Doesn't mean you can't retrofit a R180 to an older subaru.

STI r180 will bolt directly into the rear of an older subaru.

Input flange may need changed out, and figuring out the correct axles to use would be the hard part.

But since r180s have been installed into older subes before, it's definately doable.

STI r180 will bolt directly into the rear of an older subaru.

Input flange may need changed out, and figuring out the correct axles to use would be the hard part.

But since r180s have been installed into older subes before, it's definately doable.

Superdave made up some hybrid axles for this to go in his EA82. STI inner cups with EA82 outers and shafts.