Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Northern Nevada Subaru Meet

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 subieman

subieman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
  • Sparks, NV

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:53 AM

Just curious if you nevada subaru guys have met up with these nevada subaru guys: http://www.seccs.org/forums/

Yeah, I met up with one of the guys once. Nice dude. He owned a 2002 Outback sport all mooded out. We went wheelin in the snow. I think he has bought a WRX since then though.

I see the group driving on 395 every few Saturdays.

And yes brian we do need your all mighty powerful subie to tow all of us poor unlifted subies out of the snow. Hehe

#27 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:55 AM

I know, i saw the pix. You need to hurry and get your subaru lifted so you can hang with me!

-Brian

#28 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,041 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:04 AM

"and need me to pull you out!!!! "

Didn't we have this discussion before, pix included:lol: ?

I don't mind driving the distance to the trails, it's the heat (I'll melt:rolleyes: !). Lots of beautiful stuff around Tahoe, and the temps are a lot more comfortable. I've been watching..most of the snow is gone, USFS trails ought to be open soon.

#29 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:18 AM

Brian, now ive got a 88 DL Its a S/R but at least its 5speed, i got it for free, but i think that it needs a new timing belt, i havent gotten it running yet but soon then i can actually go out wheelin with you guys

#30 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:23 AM

SWEEEEEEEET!!!

Now i just need 2 Front CV's, 2 Ball Joints, and 1 rear CV. Could also use new Bearings, but i can probably squeeze another trip out of these bearings.

-Brian

#31 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:36 AM

Im Also trying to buy a 93 Legacy Wagon For a Daily Driver its auto but oh well,
Hopefully this week i can get the DL running so i can start swapping parts from the turbo wagon to the DL before i get rid of the GL-10.

#32 subieman

subieman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
  • Sparks, NV

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:39 AM

Scrub, do you have any 90-91 RED legacys in your yard?? I need a drivers door and front fender? The door can be off a 90-94 though.

#33 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:41 AM

Thats sweet Matt. After I got back from Oregon with the Broken Wagon, i set off to find another daily driver. I picked up a 1992 Legacy Sedan, AWD, 5spd, Turbo. Its a very fast car in comparison. Should be able to get me to Reno in an hour and a half, if not sooner :)

-Brian

#34 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:45 AM

Yea i Saw the Pics of it, Nice Car man, when did you get rid of the brat?

#35 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,692 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, I met up with one of the guys once. Nice dude. He owned a 2002 Outback sport all mooded out. We went wheelin in the snow. I think he has bought a WRX since then though.

Ya, thats Ian :) I was just talking to him online the other day. He has some hot shot job in the bay area now.

I still have the pics somewhere of him drifting into that snowbank...

#36 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,692 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:06 AM

P.S. the SECCS crew is really heavily involved with the local SCCA chapter, and is TRYING to put together some Rally-crosses up there :D (hopefully)

And scott, the owner of the site, is thinking of putting together a GL wagon with an RS drivetrain...

#37 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:09 AM

Sounds interesting, i would like to at least come out and watch some of the Races and i'd like to see that GL

#38 subieman

subieman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
  • Sparks, NV

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:35 AM

Well, I tooled around with the idea of a EJ22 engine swap into a EA81 body. It's possible. Little to much work for me at the moment. I hope the group uses something other then the EJ25 in the GL.... ick :dead:

#39 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:26 AM

Lithia Subaru had a Wrecked 2004 STi You could go and buy that off of them and transplant that engine into the GL, probably alot of work but it would be well worth it :D

#40 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,692 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:19 PM

Wrecked STI's are $$$ :eek:

The EJ25 and drivetrain wont cost that much, since its pretty much all being done within the group. (Ive been trying to get it for my car, but oh well)

Its still what, another 60hp? 2.5's are just fine, especially in the older lighter cars. You can get ~190hp out of them with just bolt ons.

#41 s'ko

s'ko

RIP

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:38 PM

Any chance of a someone from LA joining on your next outing?

Maybe even a place in between if we get enough interest.

We really should plan a Southern West Coast Sub Show. maybe in Fresno or the middle of Nevada.

BW

#42 Sweet82

Sweet82

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:44 AM

There's a couple of us here in Utah that could hook up in the northern Nevada area.

I Wheel out that way several times a year. I've been looking for a downed B-17 out by Shafter for several years now.:confused:

Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#43 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

Shafter? wheres that?

#44 Sweet82

Sweet82

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:28 PM

Shafter is a old RR ghost town along the old Northern Nevada RR line between Wendover and Oasis. It's about 20 miles north of Wendover. Wendover is about 2 hrs from SLC.

A buddy and I have "modified" some old RR wheels and run the abandon tracks in that general area. :confused: They are 6 lug? wonder if they can be adapted to the SubaruHummer? Hummmm.

Glenn,
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#45 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

WHAT?! You mean those Rail Road things that I see on some of those Trucks that drive on the tracks? That's awesome! I want a set!

#46 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

• Members
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:08 PM

Aren't those kinda heavy, like heavier than a whole Subaru?

#47 IronHorse

IronHorse

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Magna

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:49 AM

Glenn, You have a Delorian??? :D Diesel or steam engine to get to 88 mph? :lol:
I have wanted to put steel RR wheels on some car or truck and do that!!

http://nn.railfan.net/nnrc/nnrc.htm

How far have you gone on those traks? Looks like they go a long way.
Humm, maybe mod some old steel rims. :brow:

#48 Sweet82

Sweet82

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:22 PM

The link is a good one the picture is exactly what is out there, NOTHING! Nothing but flat straight track:D

The fastest we have been is 32mph, the tracks are in bad shape. Leaving the tracks at 30 mph could be a problem for the vehicle and the undercarrage.

We orignally ran steel rims but we found them to be too weak. They last about 20 minutes until you wear out the edge and make trim rings out of them. We found some speeder wheels and had them machined from 8 lug to six with the correct offset. This is the type wheel we used.

http://www.narcoa.org/

We now have four wheels so we can run rears and not worry so much about falling off:rolleyes:

My point was if a standard six lug can be adapeted to a Subaru then I only need two more holes drilled to make the RR wheels subie compatible.:cool:

#49 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:43 AM

Does anyone want to set up a meet anytime soon? The weather's been pretty nice, and I was thinking of exploring some time soon. What do you guys think?

#50 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

• Members
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

I wouldn't mind exploring some more of the USFS trails around Tahoe. Last time I checked 3 weeks ago, most were still closed. I imagine most of the snow and wetness is gone by now, should make for some scenic runs.

...And it's so convenient:grin: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users