Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 impreza Automatic-Kick down problem

Hello,

I was borrowing my fathers 93 impreza, and did a brake job and powersteering belt. I also washed it and sprayed off the motor with the hose.

Now when you are cruzing along and punch it the tranny doesnt kick down to a passing gear. Most likely got water where it doesnt belong.

Any ideas????

Thanks

I am not sure about the power mode, I have seen the light on the dash that says "power" but couldn't figure what the deal is.

Before the kick down problem started I could stomp on the gas and get the "power" light to come on, when it down shifted and accelerated the light would come on then go away when I went back to normal acceleration/crusing.

I can use the shifter and force it the tranny to down shift.

I also never really figured out what the "manual" button was for on the shifter, I assume it forces the tranny to stay in the gear that you select no matter what (like over reving the gears).

I read some of the old post about the Throttle Positon Sensor, and fear thats the problem one person said $250 repair :(

Any recommendations would be helpful.