Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'83 GL 4wd. performance muffler? choices choices

Turbone did a Thrush muffler for me last year. It is really quiet but when you can hear it it has a very low tone. I like it but almost wish it was a little louder.. Nah!

I should quit perusing the board and go find where I am losing power to the fuel pump on that car.

Mike

Turbone did a Thrush muffler for me last year. It is really quiet but when you can hear it it has a very low tone. I like it but almost wish it was a little louder.. Nah!

I should quit perusing the board and go find where I am losing power to the fuel pump on that car.

Mike

:drunk: i had mine wired directly to a toggleswitch in my console for a minute. worked fine just used the Premanufacred ground as you normally would. and an old vaccum cord to run up to the toggle. got me to the ice run!! changed fuel pumps and hooked 'er up right.

Advance Auto has a pretty good deal bannered on their website right now, 15% off $100 and $50 off $100 coupon in the mail. and free shipping. like a kid in a

candy store :clap:

Yes, Advance does have some very good deals, and I shop tons at Advance. The 15% off of $100 plus $50 off of another $100, adds upto $65 off of $200, or $32.50/$100. Advance's individual coupons like you find on on the following link, works out better in many instances....

http://www.techbargains.com/stores/4240/Advance-Auto-Parts-deals

I usually try some until I get the best deal for what I really want, not pile up stuff as fillers to make the minimum $100 or whatever.....

If you shop around and dont mind spending a bit more...magnaflow makes a nice stainless steel muffler that has a lifetime warranty. I got tired of my exhaust rotting off every few years and splurged for a full SS exhaust from the engine back with a magnaflow muffler. Sounded nice and mellow at idle and when u got on it really woke up and made some nice subaru music.

Second the Magnaflow. I have had two Thrush mufflers over the years. One the case split after a couple of years (defective), the other rusted out from the inlet and dropped down after about 5 years. Now I run a Magnaflow stainless steel muffler. The Magnaflow is nice sounding on a flat four.