Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

Where was it mounted? It looks like it could be cruise. It looks similar to the fuel pump control unit that is mounted by the hood release cable...

That is where it was mounted, uses one of the two 10mm bolts for the hood release.

Thank you :)

Damn dude. How can you get 500 posts in a tread with only a month and a half.

Anyway, car is looking awesome!

Sucks you can't get the axles off the diff. I have the same problem on my 89. I spent a lot of time beating on it and spraying it with PB. I sprayed PB blaster at the thing every day for almost 6 months. And the cups still won't come off the diff. I've given up.

So nobody knows what this is? Need to know if this is for the CC or not :)

2012_0322AE.jpg

That's the FP relay.

IIRC

Black wire = ground

Yellow wire = Tach signal

Blue= 12v ig. switched

Blue/black= 12v to choke and anti-diesel solenoid, and bowl vent solenoid.

Blue/red= 12v out to Fuel pump

Thanks for the color break down! That sure helps, or may help for future ref.

That's the FP relay.

IIRC

Black wire = ground

Yellow wire = Tach signal

Blue= 12v ig. switched

Blue/black= 12v to choke and anti-diesel solenoid, and bowl vent solenoid.

Blue/red= 12v out to Fuel pump

Heads up - stopped by Sturtevant Auto Salvage today. There is a gorgeous 1981 Hatch in there. Almost rust free. The Engine looks like it hasn't been run since a rebuild. D/R 4wd. Can't figure out why it was there. Must have been an abandoned project that was tossed out. It's really a shame it ended up there. Anyhow, great part source for the Ski car if you're still needing any parts.

Nah. I mentioned it in passing to the one sales guy and he said they don't sell whole cars. I didn't get any further than that. Figured I might call and try and talk to the boss man - whoever that may be.

Depending what you end up doing, if you don't mind asking what they would charge for the trans and diff out of that car. I'm starting to give serious thought to putting a dual range in my Impreza.

Edited by AdventureSubaru

Nah. I mentioned it in passing to the one sales guy and he said they don't sell whole cars. I didn't get any further than that. Figured I might call and try and talk to the boss man - whoever that may be.

Depending what you end up doing, if you don't mind asking what they would charge for the trans and diff out of that car. I'm starting to give serious thought to putting a dual range in my Impreza.

you don't want the 4 speed dual range that one has. you need the 85-89 5 speed dual range.

I snagged these goodies today from the Pick N Pull for $100.

2012_0327AF.jpg

I forced my the guys hand to give me the wheel for free.

2012_0327AB.jpg

2012_0327AD.jpg

Will clean up nicely with a little polish.

2012_0327AG.jpg

2012_0327AH.jpg

2012_0327AJ.jpg

2012_0327AK.jpg

2012_0327AL.jpg

2012_0327AM.jpg

Original Bumper

2012_0327AA.jpg

I will need to replace the front Rad support structure.

2012_0327AE.jpg

Somebody beat me back to the car, and removed the Passing Light bracket and center piece, But they forgot one key part, the Passing Lamp Push switch (Which I now have and is for sale to anyone who wants it)

This is an '81 4WD bumper ;) I can't wait to clean it up, and then add some blinkers (Since there are non on this style)

Should I get factory color matched paint and do the hood White again, or should I paint it Semi-gloss black? I think the white would look better, but would be harder and more costly to do. Hmm..

Some updates:

I have now removed the rear trailing arm to de-rust and repaint.

2012_0328AB-1.jpg

I cleaned and polished the new front bumper. Looks reeeal good now.

2012_0328AC.jpg

2012_0328AD.jpg

2012_0328AE-1.jpg

The '81 4WD bumper came with another one of these bars, BUT there are major differences between the 1981 and the 1983 version - Top is 1983, bottom is 1981.

2012_0328AR.jpg

The 1981 version is thicker and twice as heavy as the 1983 version, it also has an extra reinforcement stamping on each side.

2012_0328AS.jpg

2012_0328AU.jpg

2012_0328AV.jpg

Pretty interesting eh!?

Here is the Midpipe/Cat flange.

2012_0328AJ.jpg

2012_0328AI.jpg

2012_0328AG.jpg

I am also on the look out for another set of these. Non ripped, with metal brackets/Screws. These are from a 1981 4WD bumper. (Do not need Lights)

2012_0328AN.jpg

2012_0328AP.jpg

Anybody want this bumper?

2012_0328AQ.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale