Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

I've seen the same problem when assembling parts from my junk pile :)

the adjuster bracket varied depending on AC version installed, Factory vs. Dealer, etc... you'll just have to find a bracket that will work better... or a spacer

2012_0708AB.jpg

PCV port works perfect! Has a light suction.

2012_0708AA.jpg

Alt with spacer and Stainless Hardware.

2012_0708AC.jpg

Dunno if I have this stuff hooked up right? Two are capped off, the 1/4" line on top is running right to a port on the intake, and then on of the tubes connects to the vent line from the tank. Tank hasn't exploded yet, so it must be working?

2012_0708AD.jpg

Not bad for $15 a pair. I want to put HIDs for the low beams, and 100w Halogen High-beams!

2012_0708AF.jpg

Double flared the brake lines which will be leading out of the chassis. I have to make a length which will run down to the trailing arm, then connect to the soft line which runs to the Caliper.

2012_0710AB.jpg

2012_0710AG.jpg

This is a High-quality double flaring tool from Eastwood Tools, which I am borrowing from Jboy.

2012_0710AD.jpg

2012_0710AC.jpg

So I've been in contact with Phil, the guy I bought the car from! He is pretty surprised how far I've taken this car (Dude probably thought he'd never hear about this car ever again after I bought it, let alone see it getting restored)

Phil has the original Key box and jack which he is gonna drop off sometime, The key box is really cool! MilesFox has one he found at a junkyard years ago.

Phil also said he has another key for the car, maybe its a factory Subaru key and not an SR5! :headbang:

Phil has the original Key box and jack which he is gonna drop off sometime, The key box is really cool! MilesFox has one he found at a junkyard years ago.

I actually have one of these, it came out of an ea82 I had that still had the original window sticker and all. The key isn't correct, but I have the key chain to go with it!

1-78.jpg

2-53.jpg

Alas! I got the insulated female spades today. Choke wire complete.

2012_0711AA.jpg

2012_0711AB.jpg

I removed the Charcoal canister, I just need to figure out what to do with the tank vent line, but I have a slight idea.

2012_0711AC.jpg

Finished brake lines. Still need the soft line and need to make hardlines for each caliper.

2012_0711AI.jpg

A better picture of this $250 helper.

2012_0711AE.jpg

Dies

2012_0711AH.jpg

Eastwood.

2012_0711AF.jpg

So just for topic, I keep going back and forth with the idea of going with the Trashwagon paint scheme on this car just because its easy and looks good. I can make it look great as I did the Legacy, I just dunno if I want to spend the time and money of re-shooting it in white and getting the decal remade, I don't know where I'll get the decal made anyhow, or what it will cost.

Who will flame me if I were to paint this car like I did the Legacy?

2011_0827AH.jpg