Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

Awesome. That sounds like the best way to go for sure. icon14.gif

I'd be interested to know how much it costs to ship the pieces too, as I've thought about doing the same thing myself.

Can you cancel your order for the EA82 panels, or is it too late?

Its probably too late to cancel that, as they took the money for shipping as well. I'll have to sit on them, or if anyone wants to buy these locally for $100, they are yours. I am not gonna sell the EA82 rockers until I get the EA81s from WA.

This should cost to much to ship, they are light.

This is why would just swap the Dash and Door jam card onto that body, no one is the wiser.
I have done this. Then sold the car, then it was sold again, and was given back to me, where i junked it. It wore a vin to a car that i junked where i did not have to relinquish the title. Trashwagon9 was assuming trashwagon6's vin. You can do that in wisconsin and get away with it. Yes, i am announcing this on the internet.

I'm a little late to this, but I had that mirror on my 86 BRAT, and it still had it when I sold it. And as for the EA81 with 5 spd D/R, I loved mine. But I did have the fuel injection swap too, so that helped a bit.

Nice car, take your time with it, and do it right, and it'll come out great!

Loyale, if you can, have him cut a little bit more than what you have marked in those last couple pics. have him go past the seam were the weather strip sits. That way you can drill out the spot welds and have a better repair.

Understood. I told him to take it up a little higher to give me something to work with.

When I went to the local dealer to order the correct Cap/Rotor, they could not search vehicle using VIN (As it is too old for their Datebase) lol!!

The guy said he never looked up parts for a Subaru this old :-p

I think this car will be a chick magnet! God knows nothing else has worked thus far. lol.

When I went to the local dealer to order the correct Cap/Rotor, they could not search vehicle using VIN (As it is too old for their Datebase) lol!!

The guy said he never looked up parts for a Subaru this old :-p

I think this car will be a chick magnet! God knows nothing else has worked thus far. lol.

They didn't have parts inventory for computers back in 1983.

My dealer pulled out the paper book, and got part numbers from it. I ordered 100 bucks worth of BRAT transmission parts from my local dealer who adds 10% to retail. Those same parts could have been purchased online if i had the part numbers for only 40 bucks.

Yes my dealer adds to retail price on parts.

I remember when my parents bought their '83 at the dealer. I sat in a ski team car in the showroom and wouldn't get out. My parents had to take me out kicking an screaming.

We ended up with the canary yellow 2wd GL that we kept for 15 years. I still miss that car. :)

Awesome awesome find!

Yes, that Decal is coming off the window. I took the other ones off so far. But that one is on the inside (Try not to damage the defrost strips)

2012_0229AH.jpg

Any reason why you're pulling all the stickers/decals off? Aside from the AAA badge, they're all historical and skiing related... if anything, they add to the value of the car. :cool:

YOu are going to be looking for listings based on the manufacture of part. You had nippon-denso and hitachi distributors. There are probably 3 variants for ea81. Weird nissan stanza caps work on some old subarus, firing order numbered wrong, but physically the same and works.

Cross-referencing is key. You will probably find these as NOS parts that have to jump throug several vendoors to show up at the auto store as "listed, but not available". But you could get a part number that way for searching.

Any reason why you're pulling all the stickers/decals off? Aside from the AAA badge, they're all historical and skiing related... if anything, they add to the value of the car. :cool:

The only sticker that is staying on the car would be the Madison Ski. The others had nothing to do with the car, and I don't dig the 70s Sun decal on the window.