Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

I think the bumper should stay with the car, it's so awesome. Put some new lights in it and be done, or put some big chrome teeth in it like that old Cadillac we saw in Milwaukee. If it's too flush with the head lights we can extend it out. I just think that bumper makes the car, but obviously it will be your call.

The first thing I think I might do once I get the car, is stick that Turbo swaybar on it, which I got from Fox years ago. The Turbo swaybar is 19mm vs a Loyale swaybar which is 18mm. The XT6 swaybar is a 20mm, If I were to run an XT6 front swaybar, I would probably run an 16mm RX rear swaybar.

I will have to look at the one that is on it, and see if in fact it is a 18 or 19mm swaybar.

Oh, and the very next thing will be to remove this hideous bumper...! ;)

Edited by TheLoyale

I will take you up on the bumper, and let me know a price. You would also still be inclinded to have the steel bumper, as I really don't wish to ship it haha.

well, we can trade, and then i can ship it, i suppose. Maybe i will try it out on the 3door. I like it and i dont. I like the shape, but i dont like that it is flush with the headlights. If it stuck out like a regular bumper, i would like it a lot better.

Right now i have all day to sit on a cumputer and answer emails, and going to the post office is my excuse to get out of the house for once.

I have sent out several packages this week and have transacted hudreds of dollars around that. So this is keeping me productive for the moment.

So I guess I'll stay tuned to this thread to see what happens with the bumper...

thanks

Ben

So I guess I'll stay tuned to this thread to see what happens with the bumper...

thanks

Ben

I am figuring you are going to be blowing close (If not more) then $300 to ship both of these bumpers. And the reality is, you could make 3 of these bumpers for that price. This one is very easy to replicate (Given the proper pictures and measurements)

This thread got me thinking about Swaybars again.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274

Perhaps I can run either an 16mm RX 4WD rear swaybar, or an XT6 4WD 20mm, Keep running the Rally Alloys with 185/70R-13 Falken Sincera SN-828.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/falken/vehicle/viewProductResults.do?v=003124%7C1987&ar=70&rd=13&cs=185

falpt1.jpg

I am figuring you are going to be blowing close (If not more) then $300 to ship both of these bumpers. And the reality is, you could make 3 of these bumpers for that price. This one is very easy to replicate (Given the proper pictures and measurements)

good point, I just don't seem to have a lot of extra time these days...

maybe if you don't mind snapping some pics and taking a few measurements when you remove it?:grin:

there are somethings I would do differently if I built one myself. but I figured I could deal with it for a little while... but knowing me I would probably cut it up and make it the way I wanted and completely waste all that $$$ for shipping.

Yeah, I can do that for ya.

Anyway, I guess one more teaser to keep the thread interesting.

This was taken Summer 2009 back when this car was still in WI.

2010_0726Test0015.jpg

I actually think this car looks better now, with the Side molding delete and the Flat black. Moldingless EA82s look pretty good, nice sharp body lines.

Now:

imag0297ug.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

I need a refresher on what the difference is between and EA82 Clutch and an ER27 clutch.

Anyone?

IIRC by the book, XT6 has about 280lbs more clamping force. The XT6 flywheel "step" is shallower than the EA. Which may be how some of that clamping force is acheived. But don't quote me on that.

Doug

I saw those lens protectors a couple weeks ago, I think he had two sets then.

IIRC by the book, XT6 has about 280lbs more clamping force. The XT6 flywheel "step" is shallower than the EA. Which may be how some of that clamping force is acheived. But don't quote me on that.

Doug

Ah, that sounds about right from what I remember when I tore down an XT6 MilesFox had.

Jon, didn't you include an XT6 clutch with that car before you sold it?

As for the Light protectors, these are kinda rare, but then they pop out of the wood work. They are pretty cool to have though, and look great on the car for shows!

Tom

What i find amazing about you is that you have the ability to have a 5 page thread on a car you dont even own yet. How the hell do you do this.

:lol: +1000 :D

This looks like a fun project man, good luck with it!

Tom, please tell me you are NOT installing HID's? :lol: I just couldn't resist myself, I had to say it :-p

Edited by eulogious

HIDs will indeed come in time, I will have to do a full tune up and Fluid change before I start driving it, and go over it with a fine comb, and probably remove the entire interior and clean everything.

Its called having a good poker face. I could probably sell someone a car I don't even have yet ;)

Doug

This is probably why i had starter fitment issues using an xt6 trans for my swap. My swap used a regular ea82 flywheel. I had to place a washer between the starter and bellhousing so the teeth did not drag the bendix. I test fitted bot the xt6 starter, and the starter that came with my ej motor from the brat connected to a 4spd.