Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

EA82's are good enough for airplanes. Hopefully it is an aircraft that can glide properly when not powered. How do you measure 60,000 miles on the timing belt in the air?

:banghead:

Although, Aircrafts usually under go more rigorous maintenance then Automobiles (At least I would hope so)

I have also had the idea of painting the entire body Semi-Gloss black (Like Trashwagon10) as the paint is such crap currently on the car, half of it is baked off.

Votes on Solid Semi-Gloss Black (Not a Trashwagon Scheme) Or perhaps another color. Either way, this car would be done up right, just like my other Subarus and Toyota.

Post your thoughts.

Imagine a trashwagon paint job with the body being flat black, the stripe being semi gloss, and the bottom being glossy. Or some mix of this. Basically, a 3-tone, but all black

Imagine a trashwagon paint job with the body being flat black, the stripe being semi gloss, and the bottom being glossy. Or some mix of this. Basically, a 3-tone, but all black

3 tones of Black in different finishes would be pretty rad! I never thought about that before.

Perhaps paint the wheels Semi-gloss black with a silver lip.

:banghead:

Although, Aircrafts usually under go more rigorous maintenance then Automobiles (At least I would hope so)

yes and no... these are generally for experimental type aircraft which allows you more leeway when dealing with scheduled maintenance. that being said the mind set is to generally err on the side of caution, so regular visual inspections are done without extra requirements.

here is an EA82 in an "air trike" similar to an ultralight (hang glider with a seat and engine basically)

subaru6_l.jpg

LINK

damn I wish my engine was that clean...:slobber:

I wonder if the Cruise is still intact on this '87. That would be absolute! :cool:

It wasn't working when I owned the car, not sure why. I'm guessing some components were missing from the auto to dual range swap. You're going to have to hold the pedal steady for 7 hours, but hopefully we can get it working at some point. That car would be really bad rump roast if the height adjustment components were still in it and working.

It wasn't working when I owned the car, not sure why. I'm guessing some components were missing from the auto to dual range swap. You're going to have to hold the pedal steady for 7 hours, but hopefully we can get it working at some point. That car would be really bad rump roast if the height adjustment components were still in it and working.

I have 86 with the height control stuff and it's super sweet!! Besides 400$ for 1 air shock to replace (with a oem one)

I have 86 with the height control stuff and it's super sweet!! Besides 400$ for 1 air shock to replace (with a oem one)

I was surprised to see an XT6 which sat, unmoved, for 12 years, still had the Air struts! The compressor started working and pumped them up after 12 years!

The car was defiantly interesting to Towbar back to WI from IL with collapsed Air struts, Hopping all over at 55mph. :brow:

xt6trip020.jpg

xt6trip022.jpg

xt6trip040.jpg

xt6trip057.jpg

xt6trip053.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

Yeah bumps are rough with air shocks. The main thing you want to check is how well the strut part of the scocks (that are with in the air bags are good) if not then using the air strut system could really damage the car. My AIR bag part of the system is flawless but the struts inside are all shot. So have to replace. I got one and actually cut the old one appart to see if there was any way possible to just replace the strut and there isn't. Unfortunately. :( so after spending 400 on A air strut. Gotta get 3 more and I actually have the control box to test each individual shock and push button system (4x4 switch and dash etc) but it only works for like 2 models.

Thank you, It is now 3am. I, Jboymechanic and possibly MilesFox will be leaving for Superior in about 1hr 45min.

I have the Following:

Tarp

Ratchet straps

2.5gal Water

1 gal Anti-freeze

10w30 Oil

Fuji S5700 Camera

$1,800 Cash

Hat/Gloves

And hopefully a stomach full'O breakfast.

I have now been up for the past 18 hours lol. So once I get back, I probably won't update this thread until Sunday as I'll be in bed that long!

Edited by TheLoyale

Sorry to hear the bad news on this one... :(

quote from the other thread:

This car is not as good as advertised. Tom and I drove up to Superior, WI today to buy it but were so heart broken by its condition we left it there and drove home empty handed. We drove 375 miles one way to find out the hard way that this car has not been cared for since it left my ownership a year and a half ago. The interior was TRASHED and the EJ swap was done very poorly. Yes it ran and yes Numchux did the wiring, but it must have been a hurried job as the wiring under the hood was a mess. The radiator was zip-tied in place and all the power steering and coolant hoses looked like crap. The alternator wasn't tightened down, the starter was loosely in place with one bolt and needed to be tapped with a hammer to work. One of the axle boots was ripped, the throttle cable was just dangling in place and the engine was 3 quarts low on oil and low on coolant as well. The fender liners are missing and there is mud and dirt all over under the hood, this vehicle is not ready to be driven any significant distance. The body is still clean, but the car's condition is such a shame as it was so nice just 18 months ago.

Any interest in the monster wedge? Perhaps my 3-door? maybe, maybe not. I am still in limbo with what to do with the xt. Maybe i would sell my 3door if the price was right. but maybe not. It still needs another rear wheel bearing, and the impreza trans mount to clear the exhaust pipe.

You would not want to sell your 3-Door after all the work you have done, that would be like me, selling my Loyale. Do not make a hasty move by selling your 3-Door! :)

The XT6 is cool, but it is not my type of car (To low, won't make it into my drive way lol!) Ooo, another lifted XT6 perhaps? :slobber:

Here is the rest of that for sale thread, and My reply to it all.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129219