Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

that sucks so much dude i went on vacation there thurs-sunday and got back sunday i could have got them for u the car suriously only had 70k on it and it was rust free i saw the spots u needed and it looked brand new have a thread going for it and also u can check out what i scored from it:D

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134954

Indeed, I am dying to hear it as well. It should be a lot deeper and lumpier than with the stock header (Which is what I'm going for)

As for the flanges, I'm looking for 2 flanges which will mimic the original flanges on the header. If anything, I guess I will cut one off and take it into a NAPA or such with me.

Anyone know if Single-Port EJ flanges are the same as EA flanges?

That is what I was figuring, the EA flanges look more "stout", if I may be so bold.

I AM going to remove that spacer block that comes on the EA81s, since it will not be needed with the new header.

I am 99% certain that this is the case, I will check when I get home tonight.

here is a pic of an EA82 Cylinder head and an EJ Single Port exhaust flange... WAY different

2012-07-22_16-12-54_246-1.jpg

Finally.....! The moment has come.... After 5 months, I was able to drive the GL today! I took it around a few blocks a couple times, just messing around with it. I have this bucking/jerking when trying to cruise around 25mph with about 1/4 throttle, it drove like this when I bought it too, so what could it be? I wonder if the clutch is slipping, causing this feeling. But when I put my foot into it more 1/2 throttle, it smooths out, but if I compress the throttle over 1/2 the clutch starts to slip and will rev up.

So, any ideas? Just a bad clutch disc? The clutch pedal feels average and there is no noise that I can tell.

Guess my next item is a clutch kit, and possible resurfacing.

if it is the clutch its way better than the one in my brat it was so bad that it wouldn't move more than a couple inches each way no matter how much gas u gave it

Less gas would be the way to go with a slipping clutch, less likely to break friction. But yeah, indeed time for a clutch!

MilesFox had an XT6 once, When he pulled the motor out, there was just a wad of metal shavings at the bottom of the bell housing, looked like Steel Wool. He was amazed that it still drove (Clutch disc was cracked and in horrible condition as was the throw-out bearing)

my brat came with both jap. imported motor and tranny in it with 30-40k after the owner before me blew both under a week dont know why the guy didnt put in a new clutch when he put in the tranny and motor, but was glad it came with a new clutch when we pulled the motor and tranny apart it was pritty thin and had no wear/traction left on it to be used

So what the hell. I have rear parking lights, but have no brake lights. I checked fuses and yes both filaments work (I tested the bulbs) Also my glove box light does not work!?

Also, the Low Brake fluid light flickers when the car is running, and gets a little brighter when you rev it. Also the rear "Stop" indicator light is on, on my gauge cluster, along with a dim Parking brake light (Gets brighter when you pull the parking brake)

WTF is going on with this shiz? The electrical in this car is clean and not cracked.

because of the rust on your wagon i think some of the connections are probably coardid up or it has a short in the wiring some where, the electrical cleaner in a spray can works good and it can save lots of time, did u check all the fuses? thats what i do, i start with the ones that are what the problems in wiring and check the rest.

Guess I can't check the brake switch, as I have no brake switch. I must have gave it away with the Dealer installed Cruise Control. Boo!

Actually, non of the connectors are corroded on this car, everything is in top shape electrical wise. I have gone over most of the terminals with Dielectric grease to insure no moisture persists in future corrosion.

Alright, who has a Brake switch they don't need. Perhaps I can trade you something I may have?

I'm not sure if one from an EJ chassis would be the same? If it is! I can go grab one locally.

I gave mine away with the Deal Cruise by mistake.

2012_0322AB.jpg

So, I have a wanted thread going. I need someone to cut out the wheel arches for me, somebody has to be junking an EA81 on the westcoast...

Do me a favor, cut these out on each side before junking it!!

2012_0719AF-1.jpg

Anybody? I need these ASAP, hit me up with a picture and what your looking to get for them.