Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

Yeah I would like to get the graphics remade after the body work if finished and the car is painted. :brow:

Here is the NOS fenders and hood I picked up from Neil in Minnesota friday, thanks again bud!

2012_1015AR.jpg

2012_1015AS.jpg

2012_1015AT.jpg

Original hood after welding holes shut and repainting with $0.97 paint haha!

2012_1015AF.jpg

2012_1015AO.jpg

2012_1015AE.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

So I'm looking at Grant wheels. Anybody have pictures of aftermarket steering wheels installed on their EA81?

Grant

T2eC16VHJIYE9qUcNkYGBQeMs0URuw60_57.jpg

This is a Spec-D wheel, I like this one a lot, but not with the red stitching. If it were black or blue it would be better.

KGrHqFg0FBlm8tFMsBQ6gC260_3.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-PVC-LEATHER-RACING-330MM-STEERING-WHEEL-HUB-ADAPTER-COMBO-/300794960616?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4608c6dae8&vxp=mtr

Edited by TheLoyale

I'm with you on the red stitching, I don't think it would go ver well with the rest of the interior. I think the three spokes (or split three spokes) look great in ea81's. I love the wheel I picked up for mine, it really made a difference in driving feel. Plus it looks cool :cool:

Good links Mick, the last link to the thread includes the info for the SAAS wheel adaptor.

So, I've been looking at ebay (Yeah I know) I actually want a deep dish style wheel, deep dish wheels look nice, kinda old school muscle car.

I like the steering wheel from the Falcon (Mad Max)

Looks something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350mm-Deep-Dish-Style-PVC-Plastic-Racing-Steering-Wheel-JDM-Black-Red-Stitch-/310450565998?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48484bb36e&vxp=mtr

I think I am gonna buy this one. Do you think the SAAS adapter will work on this?

Edited by TheLoyale

Just did it. Ordered the wheel. Now, since this is a 6-hole mount, the Boss/SAAS adaptor should work right? I think this will be the same pattern at Nardi ect.

Now, where can I get the

13-BK121L adaptor? AU seller has them, but does not ship to the U.S (Plus I don't have $80 yet)

Just did it. Ordered the wheel. Now, since this is a 6-hole mount, the Boss/SAAS adaptor should work right? I think this will be the same pattern at Nardi ect.

Now, where can I get the

13-BK121L adaptor? AU seller has them, but does not ship to the U.S (Plus I don't have $80 yet)

6 gole mount. what's the diameter. 6 hole is also Momo

From what I read in that thread you posted, MOMO/Nardi (Other manufactures) share the same 6 hole diameter for their hub adaptors.

The steering wheel I bought doesn't list any specs, other than steering wheel diameter which is 13.8" or something. I am betting the MOMO/Nardi adaptor offered by Boss/SAAS will work for this cheap wheel, or could be fab'ed to do so.

Bennie, once I have enough money. Would you be willing to order the adaptor in which we're talking about (Will send you link) I can paypal you the full amount plus shipping to the U.S for it.

Let me know whenever.

:popcorn:

In other news, I need to find some local CNC'est so I can have the header flanges made, so I can get some headway on making this header. Can't drive the car until I make one!

this is the exact one I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOMO-Steering-Wheel-Hub-Adapter-Kit-Subaru-Part-7301-/190582972124?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item2c5fa15edc&vxp=mtr

the 7301 is supposed to be for the early ones, but it worked fine on mine. it's taller than the 7302 by a little. not sure how much, but in a Brat it doesn't matter much... in a wagon, it could conceivably make it tighter...

I knew the Brat was roomier inside! I am probably gonna by the other adaptor you posted anyhow. I may just buy both if I feel lucky. :cool:

AHHH, I need to build a damn header pronto. I need flanges made.

Gonna check out what I have for local CNC shops, if I can't find anything, Jon, I will be knocking on your door!

I guess so, I think Id use them anyways. Thick enough to grind down to clean steel, and they wont be seen anyways :burnout:

Great progress on this project BTW. You have more gusto than I. Id never tackle such a large job that required so much russssttt repair. zzz

I made a step in the right direction tonight while at O'reillys. I bought my self some new exhaust studs (M10x1.25) with my employee discount it was like $6 for two packs or "Help!" brand studs.

I also bought stainless bolts for my PS pump pulley today, looks better.

I still need Stainless nuts/washers for the motor mounts.

Kenny, I put a lot of gusto into this car, because they don't fall out of the sky around these parts. These dried up in the junkyards probably 10yrs ago, and most were junked because of rust more or less.

When you find one that is somewhat intact, you have to go all out to keep it.