Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

You must be a lucky man..! Hell, I ordered a Borg Warner Coolant temp switch from the Hub location for O'reillys, Hub driver dropped it off a few hours later, I looked at it and and its like 3x the size of the original, it won't even screw into the port on the intake (Its like an M20!)

So, I'll write up a return invoice tomorrow and maybe go order one at Subaru.

You must be a lucky man..! Hell, I ordered a Borg Warner Coolant temp switch from the Hub location for O'reillys, Hub driver dropped it off a few hours later, I looked at it and and its like 3x the size of the original, it won't even screw into the port on the intake (Its like an M20!)

So, I'll write up a return invoice tomorrow and maybe go order one at Subaru.

the coolant temp switch is what I sent you. do you mean the temp sender in the intake manifold?

Mick, OH! Is that what the issue is..? Yep, you did send me a box of those, I put a new one in the GL so the Fan would work.

But yes, the Loyale needs the one for the Gauge which screws into the intake. The problem is when I look up "Temp Sender/Sensor" it always brings up the $100 two wire one which goes elsewhere on the Intake, and does not control the gauge.

Kenny, those lights are the same ones. I just made them Amber ;) As these will soon be wired as Marker Lights/Turn signals, so I won't have to add lights to the bumper (1980-82 bumper)

As for the dealer, I was given the wrong parts a few times at my dealer. Since they can't run the vin on the 1983, they have to manually look it up (I guess its hard for the mentally compromised who work at the Dodge/Jeep/Subaru dealer)

Haha!

I just ordered a Temp sender from Rockauto. $7.94 shipped via First Class! Perhaps this will be the correct part (It still has the single Spade tab)

These threads are becoming a mess, Talking about another Subaru, in a Subaru build thread, which has its own build thread! Perhaps I need to make a build thread about how to make a build thread. Or a thread about how to have a 1,000 post thread about a car you don't even own yet.

(Check out the first page of this thread if you don't understand my last comment)

:popcorn:

These threads are becoming a mess, Talking about another Subaru, in a Subaru build thread, which has its own build thread! Perhaps I need to make a build thread about how to make a build thread. Or a thread about how to have a 1,000 post thread about a car you don't even own yet.

I'm guessing you haven't read Toonga's build thread on ausubi. Now that's one hell of a spam fest!

Thought you'd like to know ;)

I also like how this thread has had triple the amount of attention and posts than your L safariwagon's has...

Cheers

Bennie

Edited by el_freddo