Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New hear, not to Subies

Hello all, I am a member of many forums and this will be my first intro.

I am mainly introducing myself because I am looking for help acquiring a Brat. First gen preferable.

My family has had Subarus for 30 years and I still work on my Brother's 81 GL wagon to help him out.

I have a 2011 WRX that I just bought and it is incredible. Still though, I am looking for a project Brat that I can place beside the 2011. I live in Colorado Springs, CO and have recently learned that finding a Brat is pretty hard.

I am ready for anything other than a crapped out body. I have been lurking on your forums for weeks checking out the classifieds and whatnot. So I decided to join mainly for help in locating a Brat.

That being said, hello, and thanks for this community. I love these kinds of forums. If anyone has any info on a Brat in my area I would greatly appreciate it. I have been searching Craigslist and Ebay for months.

Closest Brat I would buy is $2400 for an '80. Second closest is pretty bad.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Forgot pics:

I

"Phoenix" is her name and she was purchased on 3/25/2011. Had 8 miles on her and is near 700 now, lol. I work around the corner from my house so she will not get much time on the road for a while.

I named her Phoenix because I have waited almost 10 years for a WRX due to being stupid in my 20's and what it took for me to get to my 30's, lol.

I just completed the SMY Cluster with Defi gauges so I thought I would start a build thread. I have done more to her so here is the list.

2011 Premium WRX Satin White Pearl Hatch:

SPT Cat-back

STI Front Lip Spoiler

All-Weather Mats

Armrest Extension

Cobb SS

Cobb Bushings

Cobb Knob "Red"

Kartboy Rear Bushing

Rvinyl Red Tail-light Tint w/cutouts - Self

Rvinyl Yellow Fog-light tint - Self

Tint - 30% (I think too dark on light colors looks gross)

24" Clear Bra on front

SMY Dual-Gauge Cluster

Defi Red Racer boost gauge

Defi Red Racer Oil Pressure gauge

Perrin Shorty Antenna

AEM CAI

Torqued Performance Sage 1+

Complete custom stereo install by me.

Here she is at the dealer the day I picked her up. Anyone in Northern Colorado I highly recommend Flatirons Subaru/Tuning:

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

Edited by O.C.D.

I'll be looking for one just like yours about 15 years from now. Keep me in mind , ok ?

:drunk: Welcome , and oh yeah I love that little white WRX

If you get a Gen I Brat be sure to check several spots no matter where it comes from and how rustfree it looks from the outside. Check some of the Gen I resto or refurbish type posts in the Historic Forum to get what I mean. Under cowl and wheel aprons toughest spots. Don't let a little rust of the fender tops bother you , they all had that problem. Glass fenders real cheap just came out of some guys shop - check post if interested. Good luck. Gen I's are cooler. :)

Welcome!

Really Nice impreza... :burnout:

Could I Kindly ask you about the Brightness on the Dashboard: it Looks Very strong... You drive it like That or you use the Dim to Reduce its Glow to Drive?

Kind Regards.

The brightness was full as the lights were off and I was in the garage. When heads are turned on they all dim accordingly.

I'll be looking for one just like yours about 15 years from now. Keep me in mind , ok ?

:drunk: Welcome , and oh yeah I love that little white WRX

If you get a Gen I Brat be sure to check several spots no matter where it comes from and how rustfree it looks from the outside. Check some of the Gen I resto or refurbish type posts in the Historic Forum to get what I mean. Under cowl and wheel aprons toughest spots. Don't let a little rust of the fender tops bother you , they all had that problem. Glass fenders real cheap just came out of some guys shop - check post if interested. Good luck. Gen I's are cooler. :)

Ah crud, could have doubled quoted, oh well.

Thanks, I love my WRX. Had her almost a year and she has 1800 miles on her! Never been in snow or rain and I only live 600 feet from work. She was/is my personal Ferrari, lol. In 15 years she may only have 10,000 miles?!

I am after a 1978 to be exact. I want a Brat from my birth year because of the year and the look. I am learning but a quad headlight Brat may be an 80-81? Either way, there are a few around me but man are they hard to get a hold of. These people post them and never return calls.

All I can do is try.

$$$ what is that? lol Space, well I don't have much but I am moving soon to a 3 car garage.

I have to wait til next Saturday to see her but i am pretty confident on the Brat. Seller is a Subie fan as well so it was in good hands.

Edited by O.C.D.